Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Two factor authentication does it cause problems?

Mehr
10 Jahre 1 Monat her - 10 Jahre 1 Monat her #457 von Privateer
Hi Aicha,

I'm currently running Joomla 3.1.6 with:
SpambotCheck plugin 1.3.11
spambotcheck Component 1.0.0

I'm currently having difficulties upgrading from Joomla 3.1.6 to 3.2.2 or 3.2.3 (i.e. latest versions of Joomla). However that is not my question as I will fix it - I hope! :)

When I manage to get my website upgraded to Joomla 3.2.x it, i.e. Joomla, will have "two factor authentication".

So my question is: Does Joomla two factor authentication cause any problems with SpambotCheck?

I'm planning to initially turn two factor authentication off and then try it at some point in the future.

What are your experiences with two factor authentication?
Does two factor authentication cause any problems?
What do other users of SpambotCheck do with two factor authentication?

Many thanks,

PS Whoops, I've posted in the wrong forum. Sorry! :oops:
Letzte Änderung: 10 Jahre 1 Monat her von Privateer.

Mehr
10 Jahre 1 Monat her #458 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Two factor authentication does it cause problems?
Hi Privateer,

there where difficulties with spambotcheck on Joomla 3.2.2 but only with the com_spambotcheck and not because of the two factor authentification but because of changes the they made in com_users. An other user pointed me to the problem. There is a post somewhere here in the forum you have just to find it.

I fixed that and you can use the autoupdater which will show you the version with the bugfix as soon as you have a 3.2.x running.

I have not used the two factor authentification yet. But the user, who made the other post, wrote, that he does and it seems not to cause problems.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
10 Jahre 1 Monat her - 10 Jahre 1 Monat her #459 von Privateer
Hi Aicha,

Many thanks for your reply

Administrator schrieb: there where difficulties with spambotcheck on Joomla 3.2.2 but only with the com_spambotcheck and not because of the two factor authentification but because of changes the they made in com_users. An other user pointed me to the problem. There is a post somewhere here in the forum you have just to find it.

I found the post, it's in the Fatal Error: Joomla 3.2.2 thread.

Administrator schrieb: I have not used the two factor authentification yet. But the user, who made the other post, wrote, that he does and it seems not to cause problems.

That's good to know that spambotcheck is OK with the changes in the latest version of Joomla, I will try two factor authentication when I get a chance as I like security to be as good as possible.

In the mean while, I'll concentrate on getting Joomla upgraded from 3.1.6. to 3.2.3

Kind Regards,
Letzte Änderung: 10 Jahre 1 Monat her von Privateer.

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV