Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Component/Settings

Mehr
8 Jahre 4 Monate her #2287 von CleverTitania
Component/Settings wurde erstellt von CleverTitania
OK, I'm not any expert on Joomla (I've used Memberclicks custom built version for work for years, and now I'm trying to learn to run the open source version on my site), but I've done a lot of searching online and on this forum, and I'm not finding the answer to my question. So sorry if this is a duh moment.

I recently installed SpamBotCheck because I got nailed by 30k spam users clogging up my site. The description of the plugin says a Component comes built in, which can be used to better manage your users/spam bots, and to see the Component Manager.

But, while some people refer to different extensions and plugins by the phrase, as far as I can tell there is no Component Manager in Joomla, and nothing which mentions SpamBotCheck is anywhere in my component menu. And nothing about this plugin has been added to my User menu or the User Management page. In fact, the only place I can find any evidence of this plugin is in the Plugin management screen. So what am I missing here?

Thanks in advance. :)

Mehr
8 Jahre 4 Monate her #2288 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Component/Settings
Hi,

I'm quite exact about the terms "component", "plugin", "module", "template" or "extension" which would cover all 4.

If you are using Joomla! 3.x you should see an entry "Spambotcheck" in the submenu of components menu in the adminstration panel of your website (assuming you are a Super User).

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
8 Jahre 4 Monate her #2289 von CleverTitania
CleverTitania antwortete auf Component/Settings
I am the only user, and yes a Super User. I have no Spambotcheck listed anywhere in my Components menu. That's the first place I looked - I only mentioned the Component Manager because it was in the documentation within the plugin.

Mehr
8 Jahre 4 Monate her #2292 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Component/Settings
Hi,

that is very strange.
What ist your Joomla! Version on what is the plugin Version?

The component is part of the installation package since 1.1 11 (Joomla! 2.5) and 1.3.11 (Joomla! 3.x).
In the component you can see a list of spambot attempts which are logged to the database (if this option is set to yes in the plugin configuration). Further on you can set users to trusted, which will allow them to login, even if they are listed in any of the only spambot databases used by the plugin.

I sometimes hve had a problem with the record sets in the menu table when I worked on Joomla! installations which were updated from Joomla! 1.5 to 2.5 or 3. The values in fields 'lft' and 'rgt' were messed up a bit and that resulted in missing menu items (in the administration panel).

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV