Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Hiding some fields in Form Data view

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Monate her #7890 von hktanty
Hiding some fields in Form Data view wurde erstellt von hktanty
Hello,
Form Data is to display data sets of a single form. But I have 10 fields in that form. I just want to display 4 fields to end users. But I am not able to do this and it displays all 10 fields and clutters the screens. Also end users also gets confused with many information which are not relevant to them.

If any one know the solution to this, then kindly reply. Thanks in advance for any sort of help.
Hemanta Tanty

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Monate her #7891 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Hiding some fields in Form Data view
Hello hktanty,

a form field that must not appear in the Visforms data view to end users has just to be configured accordingly:
Field configuration --> tab 'Advanced' --> parameter 'Display Data In Frontend' = 'Don't show'.

Best regards, Ingmar

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Monate her #7892 von hktanty
hktanty antwortete auf Hiding some fields in Form Data view
Hello Admin,
Thanks for the quick reply to my post. I am blessed to be part of this group. However my scenario is like this:

I have a form (say form1) with 10 fields.
1) For data entry, I have created a menu item (say form1_entry) which is Visforms menu type Form (display a single form). Here few registered users will do valid data entry for all those 10 fields on Frontend.
2 For data display, I have created a menu item (say form1_report) which is Visform menu type Form Data (display data of single form). Here I want to display 4 fields on Frontend to larger public.

Now if I set Display Data in Frontend = Don't Show for 6 fields, then these fields will not show in Frontend. Then how the data entry (1) will happen?

This is my problem. Please advise if there is any solution to this. As Form Data is to display Single Form Data and after selecting the form, there should be some facility for us in selecting relevant fields for displaying.

Thanks & Regards,
Hemanta Tanty

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Monate her #7893 von Administrator IV
Administrator IV antwortete auf Hiding some fields in Form Data view
Dear Hemanta,

I am very glad that you are part of the group!

There is no problem as the menus you created work exactly as you like them to work.
The field parameter 'Display Data In Frontend' controls only the visibility of the user data that was already sent by form submits, which is the view of your menu item 'form1_report'.

The fields on the form itself do not hold any 'data' in that sense yet.
The data gets data in the sense of 'Display Data In Frontend' if it was sent by a form submit to the server and got saved.
Unless a field on the form is of type hidden or suppressed by any conditional-field logic, the field on the form is always visible to the user, which is the view of your menu item 'form1_entry'.

Here is an example form in accordion layout having 9 fields:

Form section 1 opened (3 fields):
[url] vi-solutions.de/forum-uploads/pagebreak-...cordion-section1.png [/url]
Form section 2 opened (4 fields):
[url] vi-solutions.de/forum-uploads/pagebreak-...cordion-section2.png [/url]
Form section 3 opened (2 fields):
[url] vi-solutions.de/forum-uploads/pagebreak-...cordion-section3.png [/url]

The data view only shows 3 fields - having set 'Display Data In Frontend' = 'List and details':
(all other fields having set the default value 'Display Data In Frontend' = 'Don't show')
[url] vi-solutions.de/forum-uploads/pagebreak-...data-in-frontend.png [/url]

Best regards, Ingmar

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV