Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

page url as default value get a Form submit failed error

Mehr
3 Jahre 9 Monate her - 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #6905 von Stefano
hi,
I'm in trouble with the "page url as default value". This is what I did:

1. create the Form (ID 1), in which i created a hidden field "Riferimento" (alias "riferimento")

2. installed the Visforms Subscription version vfsubscription_j3.9.0_3.4.11 on Joomla 3.9.18 (the installation goes well, but I cannot see a plugin with in the name "subscription")

3. create an article in which I put the following plugin's code
Code:
{vfformview}{"formid":"1","urlparams":{"riferimento":"[_url]"}}{/vfformview}

4. I created a menu entry for this form

If i disable the hidden field the form work well in module position and in article, but if the hidden field is active the paramiters do no have effect, I cannot receive an email in which I set the "[RIFERIMENTO]" placeholder in the mail sobject. Instead I get the errr:
Code:
Form submit failed The value submitted for "Riferimento" is not valid.

I checked that the plugn "Content - Visforms Form" that is described as "Show a Visforms form inside an article" is active. (in the documentation is cited "Content Visforms Form View" that I can't see on your download page).

What I'm wrong?

thankyou

S.
Letzte Änderung: 3 Jahre 9 Monate her von Stefano.

Mehr
3 Jahre 9 Monate her #6906 von Administrator AV
Hi Stefano,

the Visforms Subscription itself is not a Plugin. It is a collection (a so called package installation) that installs many Plugins (with different names) and a so called "file" extension.

Now about your problem.
As far as I can see, the plugin code, which you put into the article, is correct.
I guess, that at 4. you created a menu item that displays the article with the plugin code, correct?

The most probable reason for your problem is the cache settings of your website.
A form is a dynamic content which must never be cached.
But I think, that you have set up the cache configuration of your website (cache plugins and/or Joomla! configuration) in a way, that the article page is cached.
That causes the problem.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
3 Jahre 9 Monate her - 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #6910 von Stefano

Administrator schrieb: Hi Stefano,

the Visforms Subscription itself is not a Plugin. It is a collection (a so called package installation) that installs many Plugins (with different names) and a so called "file" extension.

hi Aicha,

note that in the documentation page here:

www.vi-solutions.de/en/visforms-content-...sert-form-in-article

you wrote:
Code:
Enable plugin in plugin manager Please make sure, that you have installed your Visforms Subcription. After that, you have to enable the plugin in the plugin manager before you can use it. Go to the Administration Panel of your Joomla! installation and click the top menu item "Extensions" and then "Plugin Manager". Search for the list item with the name "Plugin Content Visforms Form View". You can use the search filter above the list. Make sure the plugin "Status" is set to enabled. If the plugin is not published, the string which you have inserted in the article will not be removed.

Am I in the wrong place or I misunderstanding the sentences?

Administrator schrieb: Now about your problem.
As far as I can see, the plugin code, which you put into the article, is correct.
I guess, that at 4. you created a menu item that displays the article with the plugin code, correct?

Yes it is correct

Administrator schrieb: The most probable reason for your problem is the cache settings of your website.
A form is a dynamic content which must never be cached.
But I think, that you have set up the cache configuration of your website (cache plugins and/or Joomla! configuration) in a way, that the article page is cached.
That causes the problem.

Not in this case, I totally disabled the cache and nothing changed, this is the result:
- form ID 1 in module position: display correct, send mail correct but no paramiters work (the [_url] in this case), no prior error message
- form ID 1 in article with the plugin's code {vfformview}{"formid":"1","urlparams":{"riferimento":"[_url]"}}{/vfformview}: display correct, send mail correct but no paramiters work (the [_url] in this case), no prior error message
- for extra check I tested the form with the Beez3 template: nothing changed

thank you per your reply, and sorry for the late responsi, I thinked I chcked the subscribe button, but at the and I missed it

S

Mehr
3 Jahre 9 Monate her #6912 von Administrator AV
Hi Stefano,

it looks to me, that we have made some progress.
The error which you reported in your first post ("form submit failed") seems to be gone when you submit the form from the article, where it is included via plugin.
And the mail is send.

So, now we have a new problem.
It looks to you, as if the value (the page URL) is not passed properly by the hidden field "Riferimento", because it is not in the mail subject.

There are two steps involved.
First: Setting the page URL as value in the field
Second: Replace a placeholder in the mail subject.
The problem can be caused by either one.

So first we have to check, whether the field value is set properly.
There are different ways to check this.
- If you store the submitted data in the database you can just check there if the value is stored properly
- You can enable the mail option "include data" and check if the value is correct inside the mail
- You can open the html page source of the page with the form an check if the value of the hidden field is correct

Let me know about your results.

Regards,
Aicha

Mehr
3 Jahre 9 Monate her - 3 Jahre 9 Monate her #6917 von Stefano

Administrator schrieb: So, now we have a new problem.
It looks to you, as if the value (the page URL) is not passed properly by the hidden field "Riferimento", because it is not in the mail subject.

There are two steps involved.
First: Setting the page URL as value in the field
Second: Replace a placeholder in the mail subject.
The problem can be caused by either one.

Hi Aicha,
I'm not sure to have understand what you are referring to, so sorry if I had misunderstand your questions

Administrator schrieb: So first we have to check, whether the field value is set properly.
There are different ways to check this.
- If you store the submitted data in the database you can just check there if the value is stored properly
- You can enable the mail option "include data" and check if the value is correct inside the mail
- You can open the html page source of the page with the form an check if the value of the hidden field is correct

- I have activated the save data in the database, the column "riferimento" is present, and the item's value is set to "URL: " (That is the value set for the "value" field in the Basic Options Tab for the hidden field). IN the Advanced Tab of the hidden field the value of the field "Allow URL Paramiters" is set to Yes

- the "include data" is active, and in the Mail Options Tab the mail subject is set with the placeholder:
"Richiesta info viaggio: [RIFERIMENTO]"

Here you can see the email sended
Code:
-------- Messaggio originale -------- Oggetto: Richiesta info viaggio: URL: Data: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 17:26:31 +0200 Mittente: z <z@k.it> Rispondi-a: x@y.it A: x@y.it Form : Vuoi saperne di più? Nome : jj Cognome : jj Email : x@y.it Telefono : Richiesta informazioni : hh Ok accetto i termini e le condizioni d'uso del sito : hh Riferimento : URL: IP Address : x.x.x.x

- the html code involved for the hidden field is present in the page, here it is:
Code:
<form action="/form-vuoi-saperne-di-piu?task=visforms.send&amp;id=1" method="post" name="visform" id="visform1" class="visform defaultform "> <fieldset class="fieldset-1 active"><input class="" id="field9" name="form1riferimento" value="URL: " type="hidden"/>

thank you

S.

Mehr
3 Jahre 9 Monate her #6918 von Administrator AV
Hi Stefano,

I actually think, that there is another content plugin on your website, which is triggered before the Content Plugin Visforms Form View and which replaces the [_url] placeholder in the Visforms Plugin Code with "URL :"

Could you please order the Content Plugins on your Website.
Make the Content Plugin Visforms Form View the first one in the list.

Regards,
Aicha

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV