Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Accessibility issue with Visforms: Ensures select element has an accessible name

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her - 2 Jahre 11 Monate her #7499 von rusasadmins
The select filter used for front-end form data display fails to meet the accessibility requirement "Ensures select element has an accessible name."

Scanning a page with the Deque axe-tools browser plugin shows the following result:

Issue Description

Ensures select element has an accessible name
Element location

#filter_com_visforms_visformsdata_656_1_vfsortordering

Element source

<select id="filter_com_visforms_visformsdata_656_1_vfsortordering" name="filter[com_visforms_visformsdata_656_1_vfsortordering]" class="btn" onchange="vttableFullOrderingcom_visforms_visformsdata_656_1_(this);">

To solve this violation, you need to...
Fix at least one (1) of these issues:

aria-label attribute does not exist or is empty

aria-labelledby attribute does not exist, references elements that do not exist or references elements that are empty

Form element does not have an implicit (wrapped) <label>

Form element does not have an explicit <label>

Element has no title attribute

Element's default semantics were not overridden with role="none" or role="presentation"

One way to fix this would be to add an aria-label to the element, for example:

Change:
Code:
<select id="filter_com_visforms_visformsdata_656_1_vfsortordering" class="btn" onchange="vttableFullOrderingcom_visforms_visformsdata_656_1_(this);">

to
Code:
<select id="filter_com_visforms_visformsdata_656_1_vfsortordering" class="btn" onchange="vttableFullOrderingcom_visforms_visformsdata_656_1_(this);" aria-label="visforms-ordering">

Can this be addressed in a future version of Visforms?

Thanks,
Eddie K.
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 11 Monate her von rusasadmins.

Mehr
2 Jahre 11 Monate her #7502 von Administrator AV
Hi,
thanks,
I will take a look into this and if there are no complications I will address this in a future release.
Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
2 Jahre 6 Monate her #7662 von Administrator AV
Hi,
after Joomla 4 was finally released and after spending the last month finalizing Visforms for Joomla 4, I think this is a good time to address this issue.
I'm not really an expert on the topic of accessibility but I did some research, in order to find a good solution which can be implemented smoothly.
As far as I have learned, there are different ways to approach the subject.
I guess the following article dequeuniversity.com/rules/axe/4.1/select-name lists good solutions.
With regards to how the search tools are implemented, it would be the easiest approach to use the first solution. Add a label with a "for" attribute to each listbox.
The label would then be visually hidden, using css.
For example for the "Ordering" select in  the frontend data view this would then look like this (All texts will be set according to the websites language, so in my case they are in German).
Code:
<label id="filter_com_visforms_visformsdata_111_2_vfsortordering-lbl" for="filter_com_visforms_visformsdata_111_2_vfsortordering" class="visually-hidden sr-only uk-invisible hasPopover" title="" data-content="COM_VISFORMS_LIST_FULL_ORDERING_DESC" data-original-title="Daten sortieren nach"> <select id="filter_com_visforms_visformsdata_111_2_vfsortordering" name="filter[com_visforms_visformsdata_111_2_vfsortordering]" class="btn" onchange="vttableFullOrderingcom_visforms_visformsdata_111_2_(this);">
As I mentioned before, the label itself would not be visible, because it is hidden using css.
Do you think, this would suffice, and solve the problem?
Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV