Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Aufgrund von Feiertagen und Urlaub ist bei Anfragen im Forum in der Zeit vom 18. Mai 2024 bis zum 2. Juni 2024 mit verlängerten Antwortzeiten zu rechnen.

Security for User Submission

Mehr
8 Jahre 4 Monate her #2368 von venukommu
Security for User Submission wurde erstellt von venukommu
Hi,
We have been using VIS forms in our website. Most of our website users will fill the form and submit. One person can submit more than one form, but submitted content by one user should not be displayed to any other users. One user can view only his submitted data, in the same way all of the users can see the submitted results by the same user. So we would like to give privacy for their user submitted content.

I'm using Joomla 2.5

How can i setup privacy for the submitted data ?

Kindly help me
Thank You
Venu Kommu

Mehr
8 Jahre 4 Monate her #2369 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Security for User Submission
Hi,

Visforms for Joomla! 2.5 is no longer supported as is Joomla! 2.5 since more than a year.
As far as I remember, it is not possible with Visforms for Joomla! 2.5 to restrict the visiblity of a record set to the user who has submitted the data.

If you are on Joomla! 3 and use the latest Visforms Version for Joomla! 3 (the beta version which actually runs as stable as a stable version and which is called a beta only because I have not had the time to release it as a stable version properly), there are two different (payed) extensions which will allow you to restrict the visibility of submitted user inputs to the user who has submitted the data. This is possible with the content plugin vfdataview and with the "Edit data in frontend" Extension. More information about these extensions are available in the documentations.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her #2398 von venukommu
venukommu antwortete auf Security for User Submission
Dear Aicha,
Thank you for your suggestions. As you suggested in your previous thread, i have tried beta version on Joomla 3.4.8 Now i would like to try the functionality to show the submitted data by the user itself. Is there any demo versions like trail or some samples to the view the functionality that we are looking for....

It would be great help if you can suggest some thing to see the functionality before we take the subscription. Please let me know your suggestions.

Thank You
Venu Kommu

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her #2401 von Administrator AV
Hi,

there is a substantial documentation for all extension that comes with the subscription on this website (menu: documentations). For the Content Plugin "Form View" you will find a small demo here: www.vi-solutions.de/en/visforms-content-...-vfformview-examples for the Content Plugin "Data View" here www.vi-solutions.de/en/visforms-plugin-d...w/vfdataview-demo-en
But especially a demo where only data of the logged on user are displayed does not make so much sense on my website (because most visitors are not logged on when they view the examples).

What you have to do basically is.

1) Set up a form that includes a fields to identify the logged on user.
You can use Visforms without any paid extension for that task if you like. Just create a field of type text and choose as "fill field with" value the username or the user email. Set the field to readonly! If you only want to allow logged on users to submit the form, set the form access level (form configuration tab "Basic") to "Registered". Publish the form via a menu Item of type Visforms (and set the access level of the menu item to "Registered" if you only want to allow logged on users to submit the form).

Alternatively you can use the paid extension vfformview (the Content Plugin Form View). In this case you create a field of type hidden in your form which will be populated with the username (or useremail) if the form is submitted by a logged on user. If you use the content plugin form view, you have to publish the form inside an article, use the correct plugin string, which is described in the documentation. www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...sert-form-in-article Use the "urlparams" to set the username (or useremail) of the logged on user as default in the hidden field. Publish article via a menu item in order to display the form. Set access-Level of form, artcle and menu item to "Registered" if you want the form only visible for logged on users.

The difference between both approaches is, that in the later on (plugin) the default value (username or useremail) is set in a hidden field and therefore not (directly) visible to the user.

2. Display only data of logged on user in data view.
You need to us the paid extension vfdataview (Content Plugin Data View) to display only data of loggod on user.
Set the access level of the data view (Option "Frontend Dataview Access" Tab "Dataview in Frontend" in form configuration") to "Registered". Create an article (with access level "Registered"). Insert you custom plugin string into the article following the instructions in the Plugin Data View documentation. www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...umentation-data-view In order to select only recordsets of the logged on user, you have to use the "fieldselect" parameter of the plugin with the placeholder [_username] or [_email] depending on the default value you have choosen for the form (username or useremail).
As the plugin string is specific for one form you have to create a plugin string in your article for each form which you want to be displayed.
Publish the article via menu and set the access level of the menu item to "Registered".

Visforms tries to protect user data carefully. So you have to make sure, that the data are prepared for frontend data view. They msut be published, which they are not by default but there is an option to autopublish the data in the form configuration (Tab "Dataview in Frontend") or you have to do it manually each time the form is submitted. You have to allow frontend data view on field level for those field which you want to display the data from (field configuration tab "Advanced").

Regards,
Aicha

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: venukommu

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her - 8 Jahre 3 Monate her #2434 von venukommu
venukommu antwortete auf Security for User Submission
Dear Aicha,
Thank you very much for a very descriptive reply. It was so helpful for me to give proper access rights. As you explained i have built a form and gave access to the registered users. Now only registered users can fill the form and submit it. We were able to do in the old version also.
Login Form:
www.thevoiceofchrist.com/blog/index.php/...s/bonus-1/login-form

Form for Data Submission:
www.thevoiceofchrist.com/blog/index.php/.../new-form-submission

View Submitted Data:
www.thevoiceofchrist.com/blog/index.php/.../view-submitted-data

Now my requirement is belongs to the second point you have explained me in your reply. Here i wanted to see only the data submitted by me through the above submission form. We don't need to give any option to edit or any thing else. I could not see the data submitted by other people also when i visited the view submitted data link.

Do i need to buy the plugin for this requirement or it is possible with free version...? It would be great if you can help me to build it out. I may not needed other plugins.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.
Thank you very much, appreciate your help.
Venu Kommu
Letzte Änderung: 8 Jahre 3 Monate her von Administrator AV.

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her #2436 von Administrator AV
Hi Venu Kommu,

as I said you need one of the paid extension if you want to restict visibility of submitted user inputs to the user who submitted the form. In your case you need the paid Content Plugin Visforms Data View ( www.vi-solutions.de/en/visforms-plugin-d...in-content-data-view ).
After installing and publishing the plugin you have to create a Joomla! article.

I emphasize Joomla! article, because it is necessary that the content plugins are triggered by the article and maybe some 3rd-Party extensions which allow you to create content on your Joomla! website do not trigger the content plugin whereas Joomla! articles do by default.

You have to enter the proper plugin string in the article.
Read the plugin documentation www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...umentation-data-view to learn how the proper plugin string is created. There are also some code examples in the documentation.
Publish the article via a menu item and add proper access level to the article and the menu....

Regards,
Aicha

Please don't publish sensible information here in the forum.

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV