Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Error 404 in frontend data view sort after update joomla 3.8.4

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #5206 by Mimmo
Hallo
I receive the error after clicking on a field in the front-end title bar, in order to sort on that field.
You can view the error directly on the page www.transalppuglia.com/vii-orecchietta-tour/partecipanti
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Administrator AV.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #5207 by Administrator AV
Hi,

thanks for this post.

I received a message about a similar problem yesterday but the customer did not relate it to the Joomla! 3.8.4 update and I thought this was an isolated incident. With regards to your post I now assume, that the Joomla! update is not backwards compatible with regards to the sort feature of the search tools and therefore breaks the Visforms data views.

I will take a look into this as soon as possible and will provide an update with a bugfix as soon as possible. Until then, I think you have either to return the backup of your website which you made before the Joomla! update or turn of the table headers, so that the user cannot try to sort the data.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Administrator AV.

More
6 years 2 months ago #5208 by Administrator AV
Hi,

I was able to find a solution for the problem. As creating a release with the bugfix always takes a bit longer, I post the solution here. As far as I can see, there it is only on small code modification that will fix the problem.

Open the file components\com_visforms\views\visformsdata\tmpl\data.php
(make a copy of the file first, just in case something goes wrong and you want to go back to the original)
Replace
Code:
<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_visforms&view=visformsdata&layout=data&id=' . $this->id);?>" method="post" name="adminForm" id="<?php echo $this->context; ?>adminForm"><?php
at line 46
with
Code:
<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_visforms&view=visformsdata&layout=data&id=' . $this->id. '&Itemid=' . $this->itemid);?>" method="post" name="adminForm" id="<?php echo $this->context; ?>adminForm"><?php
Save your changes.

If you have a Visforms Subscription and use a menu of type "data view with edit link", then you have to fix the file components\com_visforms\views\visformsdata\tmpl\dataeditlist.php, too.
In this file you have to replace the following code at line 66
Code:
<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_visforms&view=visformsdata&layout=dataeditlist&id=' . $this->id);?>" method="post" name="adminForm" id="<?php echo $this->context; ?>adminForm"><?php
with
Code:
<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_visforms&view=visformsdata&layout=dataeditlist&id=' . $this->id. '&Itemid=' . $this->itemid);?>" method="post" name="adminForm" id="<?php echo $this->context; ?>adminForm"><?php

Regards,
Aicha

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mimmo

More
6 years 2 months ago #5210 by Mimmo
Thanks Aicha,
for the kind, quick and, above all, decisive solution!

More
6 years 2 months ago #5211 by trf
Hallo,

ich hab das Problem auch nach dem Joomla-Update.
Da ich aber nicht die benannte Datei bearbeiten kann wäre ich dankbar, wenn das bugfix schnell käme.

Vielen Dank.

LG
Jörg

More
6 years 2 months ago #5212 by Administrator AV
Hi,

I've just released Visforms 3.10.4 und Visforms Subscription 3.1.2. The only purpose of these releases is, to fix this bug. No other changes or new features are included.

Regards,
Aicha

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV