Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

I think my visforms tables need updating

More
8 years 10 months ago #1747 by rs3511
Hi Admin,
I have updated to version 3.5.0 on joomla 3.4.1 but I cannot save configuration changes for the parameters Dataview in frontend. It seems that maybe the tables need to be updated. Is there a script that will add missing data fields to tables if they are missing?

Thanks in advance.

RS

More
8 years 10 months ago #1748 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic I think my visforms tables need updating
Hi,

the database updates should all be run by the update installation itself.
Which Visforms version did you come from?
There is a visforms_update.php file in your "logs" folder.
Could you please mail this to contact@vi-solutons.de?

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
8 years 10 months ago #1749 by rs3511
Replied by rs3511 on topic I think my visforms tables need updating
Thank you! I just emailed you the visforms_pdate.php file. I think I started on visforms 3.1 but I cannot remember for sure.

Thanks again.

More
8 years 10 months ago #1758 by rs3511
I have more information about the table. There are some table columns seem to be missing on one of my sites. Both are showing version 3.5.0. Here are the fields at the end of the table _visforms of the table that I cannot save configuration
changes:
........,frontdescription, autopublish, access, language, exportsettings, layoutsettings, emailreceiptfrom, emailreceiptfromname, spamprotection, captchaoptions.

In a clean install, the fields at the end of _visforms table are like this:
......,emailreceiptsettings, emailresultinfile, fronttitle, frontdescription, frontendsettins, access, language, exportsettings, layoutsettings, spamprotection, captchasettings

More
8 years 10 months ago #1759 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic I think my visforms tables need updating
Hi,

I receive your file and I took a look into it yesterday.
But what I saw was quite confusing and I have not had the time yet to give it due consideration.
In prinicple it looks as if you have uninstalled Visforms in between and the uninstall was not complete. (Something went wrong). So Visforms "thought" it was making an update when you tried to install the next time and more went wrong.

The easiest way would be to uninstall Visforms and make sure that every Visforms entry in the database (even in tables like #__extensions, #__assets...) is removed as well as all Visforms folders and files. But with that you would loose all your forms and fields and data as well, so maybe that is not so great.

If that is an option for you, after that the new installation should work quite well.

In the admin folder of the installation zip there is a folder sql where you can find install.sql files.
If you have some experience with working on the database you could try to fix your datatables, using the information in this files.

If you can give me a bit more time (till next week) I can take a closer look at the update log file and maybe give better advice (which I would appreciate).

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
8 years 10 months ago #1760 by rs3511
Thank you for looking into this. I will gladly wait for you to have more time to look closer.

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV