Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Result mail does not submit form fields

More
7 years 10 months ago #3121 by Agent47
Hi everyone,

I'm stuck with the following Problem:
The result mail does not submit the values from the form fields. Further in the mail options where I set the options for the result mail, it is not possible to switch the option: 'Include "file upload" File' to "Yes". Every time I save it jumps back to "No"
The recipient mail arrives perfect with all the fields and it is also no problem to switch the Options for the recipient mail.

Any ideas? Does someone know where the Mail Options are saved?

I use Joomla 3.5.1 and Visforms 3.7.6

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3122 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Result mail does not submit form fields
Hi,

the result mail setting are stored in the #__visforms table in the field "emailresultsetting" in JSON format. It should look something like that, if the data are included in the mail and uploaded files are to be attached to the mail.
Code:
{"emailresultincfield":"1","emailresulthideemptyfields":"0","emailresultincdatarecordid":"0","emailresultinccreated":"1","emailresultincformtitle":"1","emailresultincip":"1","receiptmailaslink":"0","emailresultincfile":"1"}

Actually the behavior you describe could be explained, if this field (emailresultsettings) were missing in the database table #__visforms. This would explain both, that you cannot save the changes to the "include file" option and that the data are missing in the result mail.

Did you install Visforms for the first time (using the current stable version 3.7.6) or is this an update from an older Visforms version?

There is an install.utf8.sql file in the administrator/components/com_visforms/sql folder. In this file you can see the table and field definitions for Visforms.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Administrator AV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Agent47

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3123 by Agent47
Replied by Agent47 on topic Result mail does not submit form fields
Hi Aicha

That was it, the fields emailresulttext and emailresultsettings where missing.
There was another field called "emailresultincfile" witch is not listed in the "install.utf8.sql" file.
And it was a first Installation no upgrade.

However I added the missing fields and it is working prfectly now!

Many thanks for the support!
(But I guess my thanks won't pay your bills so I donated 30€).

Kind regards
Matthias
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Agent47.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Administrator AV

More
7 years 10 months ago #3124 by Administrator AV
Hi Matthias,

I'm glad, we could fix the problem.

Thanks a lot for this information and your help and of course for the financial support!

I will install Vsforms 3.7.6 as downloaded from this website on a clean Joomla! installation (without Visforms) and I will check if the #__visforms table is created correctly there or invalide as in your case (and if there is a problem, I will fix it, of course).

Kind Regards,
Aicha

More
7 years 10 months ago #3125 by Administrator AV
Hi Matthias,

as I promised yesterday, I tested the instrallation of the visforms 3.7.6. download from this website on a clean Joomla! 3.5.1 installation. As I expected the database tables were both created correctly.

The only explanation for your invalide database I can think of is, that there has at some point been an older Visforms installation on that website. Up to Visforms 3.5.0 the table #_visforms used to have a field "emailresultincfile". With the update to Visforms 3.5.1 the table definition has changed. New fields "emailresulttext", "emailresultsettings" and "viscaptchaoptions" have been added and the "emailrestultincfile" field has been removed. Usually the Visforms update script should handle the database changes properly but it looks to me, as if this did not work on your Joomla! installation. As I always try to improve Visforms I would really like to know exactly what went wrong.

If you run a Visforms installation (or update), Visforms create a log file in the logs folder of your Website. (visforms_update.php). Maybe you could mail me this file to contact@vi-solutions.de. Maybe I can reproduce the problem with the information of this log file.

Regards,
Aicha

More
7 years 10 months ago #3126 by Agent47
Replied by Agent47 on topic Result mail does not submit form fields
You are right, there was already an installation of visforms present.
I just sent you the log file.

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV