Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Jquery typeerror at form result list

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Woche her #9885 von gollmarci1
Jquery typeerror at form result list wurde erstellt von gollmarci1
Hi,

I use an Joomla extension(Quix) which for help me desing my webpages. Now, at one of my webpage i imported a form result list as module, then when i try to refresh the page i got this error:
Code:
Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(...).validate is not a function jQuery 13 e t setTimeout handler*Deferred/then/l/< c fireWith fire c fireWith ready P EventListener.handleEvent*

It cause that my list never update with new records. Any solution?

Thanks in Advance!
Marton

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Woche her - 5 Monate 1 Woche her #9886 von Administrator IV
Administrator IV antwortete auf Jquery typeerror at form result list
Hello Marton,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this error.
This error occurs when the 'jQuery validation plugin' is not loaded or the jQuery-related scripts are loaded in an incorrect order.
Please check and make sure that the validation plugin is being loaded after the jQuery library.

See also 'Solution 2' here:
www.codeproject.com/Questions/5340881/Jq...te-is-not-a-function

Visforms uses the 'jQuery validation plugin' and its own extension (i.e. a plugin for the plugin: media/com_visforms/js/jquery.validate.min.js)
in numerous places to validate form data.

As for Visforms, its code ensures that the loading order is correct.
However, Visforms has no influence on how other extensions behave in this regard.
There are extensions that don't follow the rules.

The mentioned component may not use the recommended Joomla functions to load jQuery.
Or it intervenes in the loading process in another way that is not Joomla-compliant, for example
- by loading a jQuery version that is too old
- by redefining the jQuery runtime object or
- by late, unauthorized reloading of jQuery and/or the 'jQuery validation plugin' (see above).

Is it possible that the JavaScript error will disappear if you disable the mentioned component?
Please contact the publisher of the component mentioned, as Visforms is not the culprit at this point.

There are other topics in the forum with similar jQuery loading problems to yours.
In all cases it is a template or component that is messing up the loading of the libraries.
vi-solutions.de/en/forum/19-joomla-exten...-not-a-function#4856
vi-solutions.de/en/forum/19-joomla-exten...isabled?start=6#4679

Kind regards, Ingmar

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Letzte Änderung: 5 Monate 1 Woche her von Administrator IV.

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV