Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Aufgrund von Feiertagen und Urlaub ist bei Anfragen im Forum in der Zeit vom 18. Mai 2024 bis zum 2. Juni 2024 mit verlängerten Antwortzeiten zu rechnen.

captcha error cause component full width

Mehr
10 Jahre 6 Monate her #264 von Gabor
captcha error cause component full width wurde erstellt von Gabor
Dear Aicha,

I use the latest form component with Joomla 2.5.14 and everything works fine.

I have a form what loaded into article via standard loadmodul... When the captcha is misstyped the form is reloaded. At the top of the page system error message "Sorry, the code you entered was invalid" and the form has full width and break down the page design structure.

How can I fix this error?

Regards,
Gabor

Mehr
10 Jahre 6 Monate her #266 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Re:captcha error cause component full width
Hi Gabor,

sorry not answering early, but I have decided to work a bit less on weekends.

I tried on my test system an everything looks good. So I have to check on your website.
Can you send me a link to your page to my contact mail (see below)?

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
10 Jahre 6 Monate her #267 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Re:captcha error cause component full width
Hi Gabor,

thanks for the link (and the typo tip you sent me earlier :) ).

I looked into the HTML code (with classes and ids) of your website. It looks to me, that the template you use has really very little wrapping divs or simmilar HTML-Tags. There is just one div id=wrapper and the "content" is rendered directly inside. When you put the form into an article, the way you did, this works, because the template has css that put's the article in the right place.

After throwing the error message we are no longer in the context of an article or any other container, provided by the template, that wrappes content like it does for the article. That would mean, that you have the same problem with any compoent, that throw an error and maybe even if you just have a thirdparty extension that you want to show in your frontend. Have you tested this?

What's weird is, that you wrote, that everything works fine on the XAMP: That leaves me a bit confused. Therefore I thought, that maybe some settings in a .htacces file on the productive server or some SEO settings may scause the problem end the site a bit to "nowhere", but I don't really believe that's the problem for it looks to me that it is a problem with the template. But maybe you can check on that too.

I have two workaraounds for you.

First edit visforms css (Edit CSS Button in Backend) and add the following code

#wrapper > #visformcontainer {
float: left;
font: 14px/21px 'OpenSansRegular',sans-serif;
padding-left: 21px;
padding-right: 7px;
padding-top: 30px;
position: relative;
width: 587px;
}

The selector will only aply to the form when it is a direct child of the wrapper, which is only true when it's not in the article (after error).
These are in principle the css rules of your template for a single article. (Maybe you have to work a bit further an those styles just look in the template.css file of your template).

Second workaround. Use plugin visforms spambotcheck instead of captchas. This plugin is very good at keeping spam from your website without captchas and I can really recommend this to. You have to enable the plugin in plugin manager and set the parameters check IP, check email, stopforumspam, spambusted.com, ... to yes. You have to set the parameter "Use plugin spambotchek" in the advanced tab of your form to yes.

Hope I could help you.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
10 Jahre 6 Monate her #274 von Gabor
You are right Aicha, the template modification is solved the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Gabor

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV