Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Aufgrund von Feiertagen und Urlaub ist bei Anfragen im Forum in der Zeit vom 18. Mai 2024 bis zum 2. Juni 2024 mit verlängerten Antwortzeiten zu rechnen.

Submit button not working when checkbox is enabled

Mehr
10 Jahre 3 Monate her #364 von kanu
My version of Joomla is 2.5.6
When a checkbox field is published submit will not work. When I unpublish it, it works.My form has 12 total fields. Any ideas will be very helpful. Thanks

Mehr
10 Jahre 3 Monate her #365 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Submit button not working when checkbox is enabled
Hi Kanu,

can I have a link to the form please (with the checkbox enabled).

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
10 Jahre 3 Monate her #366 von kanu

Mehr
10 Jahre 3 Monate her #368 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Submit button not working when checkbox is enabled
Hi kanu,

I took a look at the link. When I look at the forms code everything looks ok. But nevertheless submit doesn't work properly as you described.

Visforms rely on JavaScript to check, if user inputs fulfill forms requirements (like input is required). Usually you would get an error message when a "required" field is left empty and you press submit button.

your case fields with inputs that don't fulfill requirements are marked (with a red border) but the error message is missing. Thats very weird and would mean, that a part of the form validation works properly others not. I suspect that submitting the form or checking the checkbox is a part that doesn't work.

Usually when you rightclick the website (form) and choose view page source, so that you can see the html source code, you would have script tags that include mootools-core.js, core.js and formcheck.js in the head section of html code. These links are include by visforms using standard Joomla Framework code.

I think that your template changes these script calls (because the script tags I mentioned above are missing and there are other scripts tags instead) and somehow interferes with the JavaScript code of formcheck as well. You could try to test this by changing the template of your website to a Joomla! default template (i.e.Beez_20) and test if you are able to submit form then. (which I am quite confident of).

I don't know much about the template you use. But maybe this information may give you some clue where to start looking. Maybe there is the possibility to use the mootools framework of Joomla! without any interference.

Let me know how you come along.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

Mehr
10 Jahre 3 Monate her #375 von Administrator AV
Hi kanu,

today I just stumble upon the solution of your Problem. It's so tiny I overlooked it (being to much conserned with potetial javascript issues).

If you create a field of type checkbox you always have to file the "value" parameter of that fields. You left it empty. That's the problem. I think that's good news, isn't it?

Kind Regards,
Aicha

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV