Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Aufgrund von Feiertagen und Urlaub ist bei Anfragen im Forum in der Zeit vom 18. Mai 2024 bis zum 2. Juni 2024 mit verlängerten Antwortzeiten zu rechnen.

This message may not have been sent by.....

Mehr
10 Jahre 2 Stunden her - 10 Jahre 2 Stunden her #575 von Dometheus
This message may not have been sent by..... wurde erstellt von Dometheus
First off just wanted to say I love how easy this script was to install and configure. I will be adding a few of my customers to your Visforms generator for sure.

Now on to my questions.

1. The form works fine except when I want to send someone a Receipt for submitting the form they get a message from Gmail saying This message may not have been sent by **********@Gmail.com Learn more Report phishing.

How do I stop this from happening if a potential client uses the form and gets this message if they are a Gmail subscriber?

2. Also why won't the script send mail to my Gmail account, it sends it fine to cableone.net (ISP) as well as our domain mail accounts but not the business Gmail.com address.

I can always use our domain mail system but they want to switch over to Gmail asap while I create a new website for them.

I hope this was all understandable.

[img size=7.27kb] imgur.com/O5FXQui [/img]

Direct image link: imgur.com/O5FXQui
Letzte Änderung: 10 Jahre 2 Stunden her von Dometheus.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Administrator AV

Mehr
9 Jahre 11 Monate her #576 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf This message may not have been sent by.....
Hi Dometheus,

thanks a lot for that interesting post!

I had some customers of Visforms in the past who had difficulties receiving the Receipt. I already noticed they had one thing in common, using a gmail.com account. We neither were able to figure the true reasons for this problem nor a proper solution. So your post and the image you attached are very helpful, because it is the first time I get a bit more of information. Thank you!

The strange thing is, that I do not have any problems receiving Receipts with my gmail.com account (and never had.)

The image you attaced shows a message that comes from gmail itself and has nothing to do with Visforms. Visforms is sending the mails properly but gmail refuses to receive them properly.

I know, that other customers where able to configure their gmail account in a way that it accepts the Receipts without problems. Other were not.

I will do some research based on the message text. Maybe I can find some hint why gmail acts upon Visforms form emails in that way and how to prevent it. If you have news, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
9 Jahre 11 Monate her #578 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf This message may not have been sent by.....
Hi Dometheus,

I did some research and some reading about the problem.

You may take a look at this links, if you like
support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/2411000?hl=en
support.google.com/mail/answer/180707?hl=en

As far as I can see there is more than one factor involved if the message is thrown.

First it is the "Mail From" that causes the problem not the "Mail To".

If you use a gmail.com address as "Mail From" gmail will check, if the mail is really send from a gmail account and that is not true, because the mail is send from your server. Therefore gmail considers the mail a possible fake.

Second gmail uses Email authentication, which is a way to ensure that an email provider will be able to recognize the sender of an incoming message to fight spam and abuse. So even if a mail which is not truely send by gmail.com "claims" to be from gmail.com it can be accepted if it has proper authentification. There are different means of authentification and it is the mailers responsibility to make a proper authentification. So this would be the task of your provider because the mailder is located there.

Is it possible that your test system meets both factors?

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV