Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Checkbox group issue

Mehr
9 Jahre 1 Monat her #1463 von pestal
Checkbox group issue wurde erstellt von pestal
Hi I have a problem with checkbox group that might have occured after the latest upgrade (Maybe)
My problem is that a month ago i created a form with one checkbox group(required) with 8 options , worked as expected.
two weeks ago i added a field to the form , also a required checkbox group field , also worked fine . But today i got a mail from a user saying that she had to check all the options in the Checkboxgroup(s) , and she was right , I checked the data that had been submitted earlier and that data was fine , i.e one or many checkboxes checked.

I created a new testform and had the same result , on a required checkbox group i have to check all the options to to be able to submit the form.

now to the weird part . I manage another site with s the same version of Joomla and the same version of Visforms but when i create the same testform on that site it WORKS.

Any Idea what can be wrong , i guess one way might be to uninstall and reinstall Visforms on the site that is failing but i dont want to loose my data that has been entered.

Running Joomla 3.4.1 and Visforms 3.4.2 on both sites
Best regards
Peter

Mehr
9 Jahre 1 Monat her #1466 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Checkbox group issue
Hi Peter,

this could be the effect of a third party extension (template, a module, ....) which is only installed on the page that does not work properly and which somehow interferes with the Javascript valdation of the form.

Can I have a link to the form that does not work?

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
9 Jahre 1 Monat her #1467 von pestal
pestal antwortete auf Checkbox group issue
Hi,
both my sites have almost the same modules installed , but one difference is the template, both use gantry as framework but the non working site uses rt_fracture as template .

I have created a test form that shows the faulty behaviour , smislandshast.se/2015-03-20-10-14-56/test

//Peter

Mehr
9 Jahre 1 Monat her #1469 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Checkbox group issue
Hi Peter,

actually there is a Javascript error on that page.
Visforms uses the jQuery Framework for form validation and loads the jQuery 1.11.1 which is part of the Joomla! framework.
But on your website the jQuery is not loaded (which, of course causes a Javascript error).
It looks as if somebody has removed the script actively (which coulld be done by the template).

When the Javascript validation with jQuery fails (because of the Javascript error) the browser itself does some validation, and in the case of a checkbox group which is required, this browser driven validation does not work properly (it "thinks" that every checkbox has to be checked, exactly the behaviour you get).

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
9 Jahre 1 Monat her #1473 von pestal
pestal antwortete auf Checkbox group issue
Thanks for the help
after a refresh of Jquery my checkbox groups works as they are supposed

//Peter

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV