Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

creating single unique values in hidden field

Mehr
8 Jahre 9 Monate her #1817 von Thinamani
creating single unique values in hidden field wurde erstellt von Thinamani
Hi There,

I have been trying to create a hidden text field in my form with unique ID. I am trying to get the unique ID to generate a single value digit. But once I create the field and submit the data. I query the mysql data to find out what the unique value is that has been generated and I get th following numbers as unique value: 55a232736c3a31.11707040

The generated random number seems to be too long. I would like the form to generate either a single digit value or at max 4 digits.

Any help in this matter would be greatful.

Kind Regards
Pavetiran

Mehr
8 Jahre 9 Monate her #1821 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf creating single unique values in hidden field
Hi,

the unique value is designed to be unique over a large amount of record sets. That is, why it is so long. It is created with php function uniqid();

What is the purpose of the 1 to maximum 4 digits which you want to put into the hidden fields?

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
8 Jahre 9 Monate her - 8 Jahre 9 Monate her #1824 von Thinamani
Hi Thanks for the reply,

I am trying to use the unique ID as a search functionality which I have created using a custom PHP which connects to jos_visforms_1 and gets a record based on the unique ID entered in the search field.

If the unique ID is too long users will have issues trying to search records as they will have too many digits or characters to type in.
Letzte Änderung: 8 Jahre 9 Monate her von Thinamani.

Mehr
8 Jahre 9 Monate her #1826 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf creating single unique values in hidden field
Hi,

although I do not really understand, why you need a number for searching the record sets and why you cannot just use a text field with some "easy to remember" input like your name or something like that to search after, I think you could customize Visforms for this purpose.

You could add some Javascript (to Visforms in an template override, or to your template itself but in a way that it is only added, when the form is displayed) which sets the default value of the hidden field to a unique number of the required length. All fields do have id-attributes, so it is easy to manipulate them with javascript.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Thinamani

Mehr
8 Jahre 9 Monate her #1827 von Thinamani
Excellent thank you for your help!
Much appreciated. :)

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV