Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Reply-To: present - or not; mal ja, mal nein

Mehr
8 Jahre 9 Monate her #1848 von born2webdesign
Reply-To: present - or not; mal ja, mal nein wurde erstellt von born2webdesign
Hallo, vielen Dank für Visforms!

English below.

Ich habe auf einer Website (J! 3.4.3, Visforms 3.5.1) zwei Formulare mit (soweit ich sehen kann) sehr ähnlichen E-Mail-Einstellungen (identsche "Absender E-Mail", "Mail An", beide haben ein Feld vom Typ email (sogar zwei)). Wenn ich vom einen Formular sende, wird ein Reply-To-Header mitgesendet, vom anderen nicht. Auf einer weiteren Website habe ich nur ein Formular (mit email-Feld), das ebenfalls keinen Reply-To-Header sendet.
Habe ich etwas übersehen? Wie erhalte ich zuverlässig einen Reply-To-Header?
Danke im Voraus.
Details:
Die Formulare werden über Module in verschiedenen Beiträgen eingebunden (loadposition).
In allen Formularen habe ich ein Feld "Wie können wir Sie am besten erreichen" mit jeweils zwei bedingten Feldern (Pflicht, optional) E-Mail, Telefon bzw. Telefon, E-Mail dahinter. Ich habe also drei Formulare auf zwei Websites mit jeweils zwei E-Mail-Feldern (eins Pflicht, eins optional). Von diesen sechs E-Mail-Feldern sendet nur ein einziges den Reply-To-Header. Das einzige, was mir dabei auffällt, ist, dass nur dieses E-Mail-Feld eine ID hat, die kleiner ist als die der vorgeschalteten Listbox-Bedingung (Wie ... erreichen).

English:
I have a website (J! 3.4.3, Visforms 3.5.1) with two forms, using (as far as I can tell) very similar email settings (identical From, To, both forms having a field of type email (two, actually)). Sending from one of the forms, a reply-to header is being sent, not so from the other. On another website with only one form (with email field) no reply-to header is being sent, either.
Did I miss something? How do I reliably get a reply-to header?
TIA
Details:
The forms are included in different articles through modules (loadposition).
In all forms I have a field "How can we best reach you" with two dependent fields each (required, optional) email, phone and phone, email, respectively. So, there are three forms on two websites with two email fields each (one required, one optional). Of these six email fields, only one is sending the reply-to header. The only thing I noticed, is that only this email field ahs an ID smaller than the listbox it depends on (How ... reach you).

Mehr
8 Jahre 9 Monate her #1850 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Reply-To: present - or not; mal ja, mal nein
Hi,

thanks for the informations. I will check the code in order to look if I can find a reason for this behaviour there.
I'll come back to you, if I have found a reason or need more information.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
8 Jahre 9 Monate her #1851 von born2webdesign
born2webdesign antwortete auf Reply-To: present - or not; mal ja, mal nein
Thanks Aicha, let me know if you find or need anything else.

Mehr
8 Jahre 9 Monate her #1852 von Administrator AV
Hi,

I checked the code and I think, that I found something (a change made for Visforms 3.5.1 where I added more flexibility to the result mail) that could explain your problem (actually it is a bug).

Is it possible that there is another difference between the two forms?
If the "Include Data" option would be set to "no" for the result mail of the forms, which do not add the reply to header, this would totally explain, that the reply to header is not added.

Please let me know if this is the case.

Regards,
Aicha

Mehr
8 Jahre 9 Monate her #1853 von born2webdesign
born2webdesign antwortete auf Reply-To: present - or not; mal ja, mal nein
Thanks Aicha for looking into this so promptly!
All forms are set to send the data ("'Daten schicken").
Differences are, of course, the fields in the forms - but that shouldn't affect the headers, right? (As long as all forms contain email fields.) Also, one single form does or doesn't add the header, depending on which email field I fill out.
I don't think I can offer you admin access, but for the testdomain I could temporarily include you as a recipient and send you the page address to contact@. (Or is there a PM? Can't find it.). Would that be helpful?
Interestingly, there seems to be another bug - perhaps related. For the form that doesn't send the reply-to header, I also have an E-Mail sent to the user (with the data included, which is working just fine). For the form that does send the reply-to header (our normal contact form), I normally don't have it send an E-Mail (as spam protection) - if I do activate the sending ("E-Mail an Benutzer"), though, that email still isn't sent to the user.

Mehr
8 Jahre 9 Monate her #1854 von Administrator AV
Hi,

thanks for your reply and your efforts.
Your analysis of the problem helped me to find a bug which was quite well hidden!

I think I found the problem and already fixed it.
There were two code segements that did just not work exactly as expected.
I just released a bugfix version (3.5.2) which should be indicate at the backend of your website.
The bugfix should fix the problems in both mail types.
Please let me know, if it works.

The problem was a bit more complex.
Basically it resulted from the use of 2 fields of type mail and from the fact that an optional mail can be left empty.
I didn't check correctly for an empty value and therefore, if the empty mail was the last one, it "overrode" the first (required) mail with an empty value (only in the mailer!).

The corrected code now uses the value of the first email field (first according to the field order not the field id) that has a valid email entered as Reply to Address.

If there is a second email field with a valid email address below this one, it will not be used in the mail. I think you may have to keep this in mind, so that the Reply To Mail address is set to the expected (optional value, if this value is set), if the user choose he wants to be contacted via mail in the conditional field. If the user choose phone the Reply To will be set to the value of the field with the required email address.

Regards,
Aicha

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: born2webdesign

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV