Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

How can I get the ID information in Result mail

Mehr
8 Jahre 8 Monate her #2006 von poussemousse
How can I get the ID information in Result mail wurde erstellt von poussemousse
Hello,

I would like to associate a unique number to each form filled.
The easiest way to do it, is according to me to use the ID field.

I have tried to put in the result and the recipient mail the field [ID] but it is never displayed whereas other fields such as [NAME] work perfectly.

I have seen maybe the same subject in German, but I don't speak this language.

Thanks for your help,
Poussemousse

Mehr
8 Jahre 8 Monate her #2007 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf How can I get the ID information in Result mail
Hi Poussemousse,

the Id is an autoindex field in the database and in the Visforms Code as it stands it is simply not available for the mail. Being able to add the Id to the mails is a feature that was already requested more than once and I have implemented it just some days back. It will be part of Visforms 3.5.6 which I will release very soon.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
8 Jahre 8 Monate her #2008 von Administrator AV
Hi Poussemousse,

I released the update. If you are already using Visforms 3.5.x (as I think you do) you will be notified about the update in the administration of your website.

Please note, that you have to open the form configuration of a form and save it, in order to set a value for the new "Include data record id" option for a form. The option is available for both result mail and receipt mail. Setting the option will add a line to the mail
ID: xx
It is not possible to use the id in the message text itself (like the user inputs from form fields) because this simple is no form field but something totally different. But you could change the text "ID". The language tag for this text is "COM_VISFORMS_RECORD_SET_ID"

Regards,
Aicha

Mehr
8 Jahre 8 Monate her #2012 von poussemousse
Aicha,
OK, I have updated Visforms and I am now able to see "Include data record id" set by default to YES.
Nevertheless, both Result and Receipt mails don't have the extra line "ID".

If I want to change, this text, in which language file(s) do I have to add the line :
"COM_VISFORMS_RECORD_SET_ID" = New_id_text

Thanks again for your quick answer.

Poussemousse

Mehr
8 Jahre 8 Monate her #2013 von Administrator AV
Hi,

did you really open and SAVE the form, after the update?
The form configuration will always display "yes" as default, even if the option is not save properly in the database because that is how Joomla! works (you define a default value in an XML-file and if there is no value in the database the value from the XML-File is displayed in the administration form). But as it is not stored in the database Visforms cannot work with it.

If you have pressed the save button and the record id is missing in the mail, please check, if you are able to set the option to "no" and save this value in the database. (Test that storing the option is working with a value different from the default).

If you can save the no-value in the database you have to keep in mind, that the submitted user inputs are only stored in the data base, if you enable the option "Save Results" in the form configuration. And only if the user inputs are stored, there is a record id....

The language tag is translated in the language files in the component folder (components/com_visforms/language/(en-GB or fr-FR...)), but the better way to change translations is using the Joomla! language manager. You can create overrides there, which are stored in the database and will not be touched if you run the next Visforms update.

In order to achive this go to the language manager and then to the overrides sub menu. Set the search filter (left side) to your site language. Create a new override. Enter the language tag in the "Language Constant" field and type your translation in the "text".

Regards,
Aicha

Mehr
8 Jahre 8 Monate her #2026 von poussemousse
Aicha,

I have started to save the form as asked.
Whatever the option Export Field "Id" is, (Yes or No) I never get this information in any of the 2 mails.

When you ask me to check if the value is correctly saved in the database what do you mean ?
If I quit Joomla administration and I come back, I see that the option is still at the state where I have left it, is that enough ?

I will look after the text change once I am able to get the "Id" value.

Poussemousse

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV