Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

main joomla template overrides type="text" css

Mehr
8 Jahre 7 Monate her #2098 von laefeek
Hello, apologies if this has already been covered in other forum queries.
I'm currently editing the css of my form but my main joomla template overrides the custom css I am creating. Namely, for text boxes and the type="text" parameter, my main joomla template takes over and makes it impossible to customise.
I have tried to find the file in the backend file that controls this parameter to no avail.
I would prefer not to edit my main joomla template as it affects other parts of my website.
Can anyone help?

Mehr
8 Jahre 7 Monate her #2099 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf main joomla template overrides type="text" css
Hi,
the problem you describe is well known and it is not possible to avoid that there may be problems with the css between Visforms and a template.

Visforms uses weak css selectors in order to fit into the look and feel of the template, but sometimes this causes the problem you describe. So you have to write custom css (as you already figured) and you have to use stronger selectors than the one's used by your template css. (for example include form.visform in the selector).

I continuously tried to improve Visforms with regard to that problem. In Visforms 3.5.1 I moved the code that creates the HTML into layout files which can be overridden in your template folder

www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...layout-with-override

In Visforms 3.6 I added a feature which allows you to create a custom.css file for Visforms, which will not be changed or deleted if you update Visforms, so that you changes will not be touched.

www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...form-layout-with-css

Hope this will help you.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: laefeek

Mehr
8 Jahre 6 Monate her #2123 von laefeek
Thanks Aicha, your response was very helpful :)

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV