Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Privacy for user submmitted data

Mehr
8 Jahre 6 Monate her #2132 von godsgracetech
Privacy for user submmitted data wurde erstellt von godsgracetech
Hello Everyone,
Hope you are all doing great. I need your help to resolve one issue with visforms. We have developed one form for all registered users on our website, and they'll fill the form and submit their results. Also we are displaying all submitted information on the website.

Here the problem is, submitted data should be visible to only the user who has submitted it. If i i have filled the form and submitted, that data should be only visible to me and other people's data should not visible for me.

I hope you understand my issue. It would be really great help and appreciate all of your answers.

Thank You
Gods Grace Technologies

Mehr
8 Jahre 6 Monate her #2133 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Privacy for user submmitted data
Hi,

thanks, I understand very well what you want to do.
Sadly this is not possible with Visforms, because up to version 3.5.x Visforms does not store information about the user who submitted the form with the submitted data. Therefore Visforms does not know, that your are the person who submitted the data.
I developed the "Edit Data in Frontend" extension for Visforms. Therefore I changed some code in Visforms and since 3.6.x Visforms does store the userid of a logged in user with the submitted data. But at the moment the data view does not use this information and there is no option to only show your own data.

Sorry.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
8 Jahre 6 Monate her #2136 von Administrator AV
Hi,

I think it was a bit late yesterday, when I answered your post.
That is why I forgot a real important peace of information.
There is the plugin visforms data view www.vi-solutions.de/en/visforms-plugin-d...in-content-data-view which I created to do exactly things like the one you are asking for.
This plugin allows you to select record sets depending on submitted values.
You can even use some variables in record set selection like the username, the email address or the name of the logged in user ( www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...aview-data-selection ).
So if you create in your form a field which contains the username, name or email address of the logged in user, it is possible to restrict the record sets which are displayed to the submissions which you have made yourself.
Basically you have to do the following steps:
1) create a form field of type text
2) set it to readonly
3) choose the username, name or email address of logged in user as derfault value (in field configuration)
4) Buy and install the plugin
5) create a Joomla! article
6) add the plugin string to the article (as described in the documentation) and us the variables [_username], [_name] or [_email] (depending on which default value you have choosen for the field) in the plugin option "fieldselect"
7) Create a menu item which links to the article (in order to make the article visible)

In this configuration a user can see the readonly field with the username, name or email address...

If you want this information to be hidden, you can use the second plugin, plugin visforms form view, www.vi-solutions.de/en/visforms-content-...ent-plugin-form-view to set the username, name or email as default in a hidden field. This plugin works similar to the data view plugin and you have to display your form inside an article, then, in order to use it.

If you decide on buying both plugins, I would recommend, that you buy the Visforms subscription www.vi-solutions.de/en/visforms-subscription/new which cost exacly the same as both plugins together, but comes with more useful Visforms extensions.

Regards,
Aicha

Mehr
8 Jahre 5 Monate her #2202 von godsgracetech
godsgracetech antwortete auf Privacy for user submmitted data
Hello Administrator,
Thank you for your reply in detail. Do you have any demo plugins to try before we buy the following suggested plugins ?

It would be great if you can present or show the way they work, so that we can plan to buy those plugins. Mostly our requirements are,
1. The submitted data should be private and only visible to the user who has submitted.
2. If they wanted to update the submitted data then there should have an option.
3. Serial number should be auto generated id which is combination of Alphanumeric(Ex: ABC1023GF5)

It would be great if you can provide me any demo versions or some thing else. We'll try and buy every thing as you suggest.

Thank you
John

Mehr
8 Jahre 5 Monate her #2203 von Administrator AV
Hi John,

I can only present you with the demo views on my website (as linked in the previous post). Developing demo plugins is simply not possible with a sensible amount of time. The plugins are well documented in the documentation section of this website and you have to check there in order to find out if the plugins work for you.

You describe now a different process than in your post from 4 weeks ago. You want the user to be able to update submitted data ( = edit submitted data) (2.). This is something totally different from restricting the possibility which data a user can view. Data edit (in Frontend) is possible with the data view extension which is also part of the Visforms subscription and which is documented on this website as well.

3. Serial number: Visforms create an id for each record set of stored user inputs. This ID is a number and can be submitted with the result and receipt mails and can be displayed in the data views. Or you can create a hidden field and enable the option "unique values only". This will create a very long random hash. I don't know whether on of these options suits your requirements. There is no other way of creating a "serial number" in Visforms.

Regards,
Aicha

Mehr
8 Jahre 5 Monate her #2236 von godsgracetech
godsgracetech antwortete auf Privacy for user submmitted data
Dear Aicha,
Thank you for your support. I'll go ahead to buy the subscription.

Could you show me the way of functionality or demo ?

Thank You
John

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV