Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

FATAL ERROR WITH UPDATE JOOMLA 3.4.7

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her #2554 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf FATAL ERROR WITH UPDATE JOOMLA 3.4.7
Hi Valentin,

thank you so much for your work.
Waiting was no problem :)
I'm very glad to hear, that the changed file worked!

Nevertheless I would really like to see how the form object that is stored in the session looks like (what is missing) when the error occures. To see this, I have to run the installation in the debugger on my test system.
So I would be absolutely happy if I could get a stripped down (can I use this term?) version of the backup.

I will release Visforms 3.6.9 as a stable version soon. This version already has some new features.

I have a list of features which I want to implement next time, for example
- make it possible to override some form options in menu items of type Visforms (Like Result Message, Redirect Url, Maybe Form Layout...)
- Implement an Option "Unique value" for Selects and Chechbox Groups, which will disable an option if it was already selected with the data submitted for this form by a previous user
- Develop multi step forms
- Maybe an option to display a "conform" page which gives an overview over the user inputs and is displayed just before the form can be submitted
- I found some very useful open source projects which can be used to created country listboxes and to autocomplete for example the name of a city according to the zip code which is entered. I would like to introduce a field type "countrylist" which would save Visforms users a lot of time for creating country listboxes by themselfes... and maybe a field type zip code or city with this autocomplete functionallity
- I would like to implement a feature that allows to import options for listboxes, radiobuttons and checkbox groups from files (csv, maybe json).
- I would like to implement an option to control that uploaded images can be displayed as images (not only as link) in data views
- I would like to implement an option to display the file type instead of a link for uploaded files
- And I would like to improve the data edit feature in backend, which has no validation as yet, so that administrators can mess up user data which is not good.

So, that is the plan called Visforms 3.7.x

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
8 Jahre 3 Monate her - 8 Jahre 2 Monate her #2557 von born2webdesign
born2webdesign antwortete auf FATAL ERROR WITH UPDATE JOOMLA 3.4.7
Hi Aicha,

Your're welcome—after all, you are investing even more time!

if I could get a stripped down (can I use this term?) version

I think you can (perhaps throwing in a hyphen for the adjective—not being a native speaker myself):
"stripped-down" on leo.org
"stripped down" on cambridge.org
I will try to get this to you ASAP (at the vi-solutions email address I have).

Thank you for the detailed roadmap! But I have to admit, I am confused: not just with all the different versions pertaining to visforms that I see in my installation, but also on the download page. There is now a stable 3.4 and a beta 3.6 – how did I end up with a 3.5? And your file said 3.5.9—is version 3.5 going to be skipped as a stable and 3.6 the next stable version? Do I simply install 3.6 over my 3.5, once it is stable (or will the updater pick it up, automatically)?
Also, is there (going to be) a way of ex-/importing the form fields (not the data)? As you will see, I have a big form in there that I had to replicate once before—with MySQL, which isn't exactly my idea of having fun ;)

Thanks, again! Regards,

Valentin
Letzte Änderung: 8 Jahre 2 Monate her von born2webdesign. Begründung: zweite URL, "stripped-down" oder "stripped down"

Mehr
8 Jahre 2 Monate her #2558 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf FATAL ERROR WITH UPDATE JOOMLA 3.4.7
Hi Valentin,

you are correct, that there are a lot of version for Visforms. Basically it is five.
1.0.4 for people who need to update ckforms from a Joomla! 1.5 Website to Visforms.
2.1.2 is Visforms form Joomla! 2.5
And then there are 3 Versions for Joomla! 3. This is awkward but necessary because after a code change from Joomla! 3.3.5 to 3.3.6 (Joomla! Version) options in form configurattion were dublicated and that was very confusing. So I have a stable Version for Joomla! up to 3.3.5 und one for Joomla! 3.3.6 and higher and a beta Version.
But the stable Version for the current Joomla! version in the download section is 3.5.8. Where do you see a 3.4?
I have already tried to simplify the download menu and make more clear what is what but maybe I have to give it a make over again.

The reason why I have no import/export function is
first, that for each form and each field there is (or at least may be) a record set in the Joomla! assets table as well so simply exporting/importing the fields is not enough
second, while adding new functions to Visforms the database structure has changed once in a while and if you try to export/import between different Visforms Versions this might crash
If you want to copy fields on one Joomla! installation you can use the batch function. You can copy forms with or without fields and you can move or copy fields from one form to anonther.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
8 Jahre 2 Monate her #2561 von born2webdesign
born2webdesign antwortete auf FATAL ERROR WITH UPDATE JOOMLA 3.4.7
Hi Aicha,

sorry, my mistake about the 3.4 version – I didn't follow the link, just saw the address:
looks like version 3.4

About the import/export: I know, I got it wrong the first time :)
But maybe some sort of abstraction layer would be a good idea? I think it is quite a different approach, but perhaps you are familiar with qlform? There, I can just grab the form definitions (being just a textarea). Really handy, e.g. for moving just the form from dev to live.

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV