Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

SpambotCheck email notifcation to inculde full URL

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #152 by Privateer
Hi Aicha,

When SpambotCheck sends an email notifying of either a registration or a login prevention can it be modified to include the full URL of the website that it is protecting, e.g.:

A spammer tried to register/login at MySite ( www.mysite.com )
A spammer tried to register/login at MySite ( www.testsite.com/test/mysite )

The reason that I ask is that I'm running several test sites of the same website, each one has a different URL and I will shortly be setting up the live website but keeping the test sites going for testing of new things.

Can SpambotCheck automatically determine the URL of the website is on from by interrogating Joomla?

If SpambotCheck cannot automatically determine the URL of the website could you add an optional field in the configuration of SpambotCheck so that we can add the URL manually so that it can be displayed in the notification email?

Regards,
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Privateer.

More
10 years 10 months ago #155 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Re:SpambotCheck email notifcation to inculde full URL
Hi Robert,

the sitename in the email notification is the Site Name you set in the Global Configuration (Tab Site). Maybe you could just change that Site Name for your tests (at least as a workaround). You don't have to change folder name....

I'll put your feature request at my "wishlist".

Kind regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
10 years 10 months ago #157 by Privateer
Hi Aicha,

Administrator wrote:

the sitename in the email notification is the Site Name you set in the Global Configuration (Tab Site). Maybe you could just change that Site Name for your tests (at least as a workaround). You don't have to change folder name....

Thanks for that suggestion - I'll do that as a workaround.

Administrator wrote:

I'll put your feature request at my "wishlist".

That's great, especially if there's a way for SpambotCheck to interrogate Joomla to automatically determine the URL. If not then adding a field within SpambotCheck would be useful.

Kind Regards,
Robert.

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV