Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

SpambotCheck is fantastic!

More
10 years 10 months ago #153 by Privateer
SpambotCheck is fantastic! was created by Privateer
Hi Aicha,

Just a quick post to say thank you for SpambotCheck, it really does work very well!

On 3rd April 2013, I posted the URL of one of my test sites on the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org/ ) as I needed some advice. On 15th June 2013 my test site had it's first real spammer try to register (unsuccessfully because it was stopped by SpambotCheck).

I now get one or two spammers a day try to register - none have yet got past SpambotCheck.

It just goes to show that once a URL has been mentioned publicly it will eventually get targeted by spammers. In this case it took just 73 days of mentioning a URL of a site on a forum to get it indexed by Google and then targeted by spammers!

Regards,

More
10 years 10 months ago #156 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Re:SpambotCheck is fantastic!
Hi Robert,

wow that's interessting.

I didn't know.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV