Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Editors-xtd installation fails updating Visforms

More
7 years 10 months ago #3211 by xUFvPDRAdsmP
Every time I upgrade my installed Visforms to a new version it reports the Editors-xtd plugin installation was not successful with this warning:

Code:
Extension Install: Another plugin is already using the names folder: home/accountid/public_html/plugins/editors-xtd/visformfields. Are you trying to install the same extension again?

Is this suppose to happen? The installed version of Button - Visformfields remains 3.2.1.

Thanks,Richard

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3213 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Editors-xtd installation fails updating Visforms
Hi Richard,

no, this is not supposed to happen.
Visforms has an installation scirpt.
This scirpt checks in the database "#__extensions" table, if parts (extensions) of the Visforms installation, like the Visforms Core Plugins and module are already installed and which is their current version. Only if there is no record set for the extension in the database (which means that it is not installed) or if the version is older than the one which comes with the Visforms update, Visforms will "tell" Joomla! to install or to update the extensioin.

It looks to me, as if there is no proper recordset for the Editors-xtd Visformsfield Plugin in your database. Therefore Visforms assumes the plugin is not yet installed and orders Joomla! to try to install the extension as if it where a new installation but the files and folders for the extension are in place. This would cause exactly the warning you get. So this is my guess what happens.

The correct record set would have the following values
name = plg_editors-xtd_visformfields
type = plugin
element = visformfields
folder = editors-xtd
client_id = 0

Could you please check if this record set is missing or some of the values are different?

Regards,
Aicha

P.S. 3.2.1 is the correct version.

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Administrator AV.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3222 by xUFvPDRAdsmP
Replied by xUFvPDRAdsmP on topic Editors-xtd installation fails updating Visforms
Thanks for the quick reply.
I checked the database #_extensions table. The plg_editors-xtd_visformfields recordset is present and all data is correct as you described.

I have 8 websites using Visforms, 7 of them gave this error on installation and 1 didn't. Now I can't remember which site didn't. Next time I'll pay attention and check if there are any differences between them.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3223 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Editors-xtd installation fails updating Visforms
Hi,

thanks for this answer. The more details I know and the more possibilities can be excluded, the better is the chance to figure this out.

Also I still don't know exactly why the update of the extension is starting, I think I could figure, why the warning is thrown, if Joomla! tries to update the plugin and the new version is not higher than the already installed one. I will check into this a bit deeper, as soon as I have some time and hopefully with the next update you will not get the message on 7 sites.

Kind regards and a nice weekend,
Aicha

More
7 years 10 months ago #3224 by Administrator AV
Hi,

me again.
Is it per chance possible, that in your #__extensions table are two record sets with
type=plugin and element = visformsfields and folder = editors-extended?

Regards,
Aicha

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3225 by xUFvPDRAdsmP
Replied by xUFvPDRAdsmP on topic Editors-xtd installation fails updating Visforms
I double-checked the _extensions table for a duplicate type=plugin and element = visformsfields and folder = editors-extended but only one was found.

I only apply the update when there is a new version. The update I did yesterday was from version 3.7.6 to 3.7.7.

Thanks for looking into this. It has happened to me regularly over the past several versions. I just finally got around to reporting it.
Richard
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by xUFvPDRAdsmP. Reason: add more details

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV