Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Gather Data from reply-to email

More
7 years 10 months ago #3239 by rs3511
Gather Data from reply-to email was created by rs3511
Hi Aicha,
I really love visforms and have found many practical uses for it. I had an idea and wanted to see what were your thoughts. I was thinking about trying to create some code that would gather data from emails that are sent from those who have submitted a form. So the flow would be, 1) a form is submitted and emails sent to admin and user, 2) user completes some data fields within the email and sends reply. The fields in the email are setup in the form database but are not shown during the initial form submission. 3) The reply-to email address picks up emails and triggers an API to update visform data.
I know that this kind of enhancement would greatly broaden the scope of the application and I'm not sure if it would still be just a form creating solution. I could see a kind of workflow process emerging. I also can see some security concerns but with the database structure being that all forms are in separate tables, securing tightly even with the API in place shouldn;t be too difficult.
If you think these ideas are worthwhile, I can help development and will ask for nothing in return. It will be my way of saying "Thank you".

Not sure if you remember but I made a suggestion some time ago about connecting form submissions to joomla users and the ability to require user login during for submission. This was mainly for deduping reasons but I think it along with the above features would make the uses of visforms limitless. What do you think?

Talk to you soon.

R S

More
7 years 10 months ago #3258 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Gather Data from reply-to email
Hi R S,

thank you so much for your suggestions and of getting involved with Visforms :)

I'm not sure, whether this is a feature which is actually required by lots of people, although it certainly would give Visforms a new dimension. And this would certainly be a big project. At the moment I'm simple at the limit of my resources and can in no way imagine to take this on, even with help with the development.

Sorry,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV