Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Troubles with Visforms Plugin Custom Mail Address

More
6 years 7 months ago #4662 by envisys
I have configurated a contact form and I want to send submited data to a different address, depending from the subject selected by the user. Note that I have two forms, one for english and other for e second language.
Everything seems to be correct, but the email is sent only to email indicated in the "mail to" field of visforms email settings and to submitted email as receipt. Joomla send emails but not to plugin addresses. :(
If I try to empty the "mail to" field I get the message "You must provide at least one recipient email address."
To find the error I verified the code of plugin finding nothing
Code:
{ "1":{"fid":"1","id":"61","value":"informations","email":"email-1@example.ext"}, "2":{"fid":"1","id":"61","value":"bug","email":"email-2@example.ext"}, "3":{"fid":"1","id":"61","value":"assistance","email":"email-3@example.ext"}, "4":{"fid":"1","id":"61","value":"oem","email":"email-4@example.ext"}, "5":{"fid":"1","id":"61","value":"catalogue","email":"email-5@example.ext"}, "6":{"fid":"1","id":"61","value":"careers","email":"email-6@example.ext"}, "7":{"fid":"1","id":"61","value":"other","email":"email-7@example.ext"}, "8":{"fid":"4","id":"45","value":"informations","email":"email-8@example.ext"}, "9":{"fid":"4","id":"45","value":"bug","email":"email-9@example.ext"}, "10":{"fid":"4","id":"45","value":"assistance","email":"email-10@example.ext"}, "11":{"fid":"4","id":"45","value":"oem","email":"email-11@example.ext"}, "12":{"fid":"4","id":"45","value":"catalogue","email":"email-12@example.ext"}, "13":{"fid":"4","id":"45","value":"careers","email":"email-13@example.ext"}, "14":{"fid":"4","id":"45","value":"other","email":"email-14@example.ext"} }
(naturally I changed original email addresses with examples)
Reading the forum I tried many solutions:
1) disabling gantry and other extentions;
2) disabling and enabling plugin;
3) change addresses;
4) verify that fid, id and value fields are correct;
.... and other thing that now I don't remember.

Please help!

More
6 years 7 months ago #4666 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Troubles with Visforms Plugin Custom Mail Address
Hi,

I'm sorry for your trouble and I know that it is kind of difficult to set this plugin up. And sadly the slightest typo usually result in not sending the mails as expected. I apologize for that but on the other hand, considering how flexible you can set up a form with Visforms I just saw no other way to build this plugin.

If the plugin itself is enabled (which you certainly have done properly), the only reason I know why it does not work is, that you have a typo. I I think the problem is, that you labeled the last option "email"
Code:
"email":"email-1@example.ext"

but it must be labeled "mail". So correcty this would have to be
Code:
"mail":"email-1@example.ext"

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
6 years 7 months ago #4682 by envisys
I wrote the code three to four times and errors has become almost invisible.
I was sure that the error was under my eyes. :blush:
Now it works..... thank you!

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV