Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

troubles with conditional fields

More
6 years 4 months ago #5067 by envisys
troubles with conditional fields was created by envisys
I just noted on my website that conditional fileds don't work. In fact if i select the any option nothing happen, it's like I just have delete the fied.
The strange thing is that it worked well when I implemented it for the first time.
What could be the reason?

More
6 years 4 months ago #5068 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic troubles with conditional fields
Hi,

it the conditional fields do not work there is a javascript error on the website.
This might well be the result of some third-party extension, which you have installed in the time between, when you first set up the form and now.

Can I have a link to the form?

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
6 years 4 months ago #5069 by envisys
Replied by envisys on topic troubles with conditional fields
here's the link, thank you.

www.envisys.it/index.php/en/contacts.html

More
6 years 4 months ago #5070 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic troubles with conditional fields
Hi,

obviously the problem is caused by the mod_evo_frontpage which includes a javascirpt jQuery library in a way that is not conform with the Joomla! standard. This breaks the Javscript for any other extension including Joomla! itself and as some features like conditional fields, datefields, validation of user inputs ... need javascript, Visforms cannot work without javascript.

It is this script that causes the problem
Code:
<script src="/modules/mod_evo_frontpage_pro/library/jquery-1.8.3.min.js"></script>

As a Joomla! extension developer you must not include a jquery javascript directly but always use the Joomla! functions which will make sure, that only one jquery is loaded on the page and that this jquery has the proper Joomla! conform version. Sadly it is usually the administrator that have to suffer if a developer does not respect this rules.

In order to fix the problem you can either not use this module or you can try, if you can fix the Javascript problem on the Website using this Joomla! extension, which was proposed by some other Visforms user, how had a similar problem.

joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/de/down...ut-replacer/joomla-3

I do not know, how excatly this extension works, so you have to check their docuementation. But basically you have to remove the jquery-1.8.3.min.js from the page.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV