Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Access rules & Permissions on new forms

More
7 years 11 months ago #3133 by Ron
Hello Aicha,

Is there a way to use user permissions on fields while adding new data to a form in frontend, like it's done while editing data in frontend, so if a user does not have sufficient rights the field is greyed out,

Also looking for a possibility disable a record so it can be viewed but not edited only by manager or administrator, preferably in frontend.

I’ve been searching the topics but cannot find any solutions or related topics.

Regard and keep up the good work,
Ron

More
7 years 11 months ago #3136 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Access rules & Permissions on new forms
Hi Ron,

there is no way to use user permissions on fields while adding new data to form in frontend.

But if you use the data edit extension (Versions 1.3.0 or higher) with Visforms 3.7.1 or higher, there is a field option "Edit view only" in the field configuration (tab advanced). (This options was added in version 1.3.0). If this option is enabled for a field, the field will not be displayed in the form view in frontend, where the user adds new data, at all. This field is only visible in the data edit view in frontend. But there is a small backdrop. As the field is not displayed in the form at all, no value is stored for this field in the first place, even if you set a default value for the field. Only after the data are displayed in the frontend data edit view and saved there, there will be a value stored in the database for such a "edit view only" field.

Since Version 1.3.0 the ACL Action "Edit data state" is also evaluated by the frontend data edit extension. If a user who has permission to edit the data state (=publish/unpublish the data record sets) views Visforms data in frontend, which are published via a menu item of type "Form data with edit link", they will see both published and unpublished records sets and can publish or unpublish the record sets.

I'm sorry, but I fear the english documentation could be more complete at this point. So I hope my explainations here will help you.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV