Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

uploading file problem: Name cannot contain spaces

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #3328 by Maris
When the form is used and people want to upload a file there is an error message when the filename contains spaces :

pdf has invalid name. Name must only contain alphanumeric characters and no spaces.

Can I do something about this? It would be easier if the names of uploaded files are allowed spaces.

Like thisismyfilename can also be this is my file name
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Maris.

More
7 years 9 months ago #3329 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic uploading file problem: Name cannot contain spaces
Hi,

this is Joomla! standard and is required because blanks in filenames can cause problems on some servers.

You could inform your user in advance (using the field option custom text on the field configuration tab advanced) about the file name format required but you cannot change the allowed file name format.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV