Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Second form not working in VisForm

More
7 years 5 months ago #3752 by darkoz
Second form not working in VisForm was created by darkoz
Hi staff,
i've got an issue with your extension VisForm:
i've created 2 forms, setted at the same way, and used them in my site: www.ristoggi.com
in two menu voices:
1 "Registrazione Gratuita Ristoranti"
2 "RistoTu"
Well, the first form works fine and the data of the users arrives to my mail account
The second form, instead, does not work: no e-mail arrives to my account.
I've done a lot of proofs and checked everything, but does not works!
Could you help me in some way, please?

More
7 years 5 months ago #3753 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Second form not working in VisForm
Hi,

I filled the second form (RistooTu) for testing and submitted it.
There is a "Success" Message displayed after the form was submitted.
Displaying the success Message or redirecting to another url is the last step which is performed by Visforms and this step is only performed if every other step before, which has do be done according to the form configuration, was performed successfully.
Therefore either you have forgotten to set the option "Send result mail" to yes, so that Visforms "thinks" it does not have to send a mail, or the mail is created successfully. Even if a mail is created successfully it is possible that sending the mail is blocked by your provider or that receiving the mail is blocked (by the provider of your e-mail account).
If you store submitted user inputs in the data base, this task is performed before the mails are created. Does storing the data in the database work?

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV