Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Remove rather than UnPublish

More
7 years 6 days ago #4233 by bigal0228
Remove rather than UnPublish was created by bigal0228
I have created a "Request a Song" form for my website and wish to allow a DeeJay to remove an item once played. I understand the UnPublish feature, but the item remains in the list, which can get confusing. I would like for the UnPublish to actually remove the item from the list view. Better yet, replace UnPublish with Delete. Everything works as described, I would just like to be able to create a Delete rather than Unpublish to prevent confusion and double playing requests by mistake.

I may of course not be setting something up correctly, and if that is the case, please advice as to how to make unpublished items not visible in the front end.

Thanks for a wonderful product!

More
7 years 5 days ago #4236 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Remove rather than UnPublish
Hi,

removing/deleting submitted form data in front end is not a feature in Visforms and will not be. This just does not fit with the rest of the features and there is just to much security aspects involved.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
7 years 4 days ago #4247 by bigal0228
Replied by bigal0228 on topic Remove rather than UnPublish
What about simply rendering any unpublished data invisible on the front end? Rather than delete, unpublish the item and then set its condition to unviewable on the front end maybe via setting the permissions to something like super user to view?

I'm looking for a solution to prevent having an unpubished item viewable on the front end of the site. Typically, unpublishing an item doesn't allow it to be visible in any case, so just wondering if there is a way to acheive this in the case of this component as well? Data would still be available from the admin area if there were a need to republish it, so nothing is lost, nothing changes other than the visibility state on the front end of the site.

Thanks!

Alan

More
7 years 1 day ago #4254 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Remove rather than UnPublish
Hi,

I'll consider your request of having an option "published only" in the menu items of type "Visforms Data with edit link" and "MySubmissions".

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV