Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Submission Error

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #4273 by kuyumcus
Submission Error was created by kuyumcus
I created many forms before and was working fine.
I created a new form and when I submit it I have an error for:
Please select no more than 0 option(s) for field "1".

COM_VISFORMS_FIELD_MAX_LENGTH_MULTICHECKBOX="Please select no more than %d option(s) for field "_QQ_"%s"_QQ_"."

I neither have any field as called 1 nor multicheckbox in the form but 3 different checkbox fields.

I tried a lot of things but I could not submit the form and I had this error twice at a time:(
I have no multicheckbox in the form but checkbox
regards
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by kuyumcus.

More
6 years 11 months ago #4274 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Submission Error
Hi,

I need a link to the form with the error.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
6 years 11 months ago #4275 by kuyumcus
Replied by kuyumcus on topic Submission Error
Hello Aicha,
I am sorry I forgot it:(

akademikkoc.com/index.php/hizmetlerimiz/greencard

More
6 years 11 months ago #4276 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Submission Error
Hi,

ok, I took a good look at the form and tried to submit it, with the result you describe.
This is an error that occurs during server site validation with php.
So while javascript validation in the browser does not find any problems, the php validation of the form fails.
But obviously the submitted data are valid and that the php validalidation fails is some sort of error.

It is really not so easy for my to find my way through the form, but there are some things which I noted.
First, usually after the form is redisplayed (with the error message from php validation), all valid user inputs are set in the form (except for the upload fields), but in my case the value of the radio field "En son bitirdiğiniz eğitim durumunuz" was not set. Further on the my selection in all list boxes where not set.

At the moment I'm not sure what I can learn from this, except that something goes wrong during server side validation and that "Visforms" seems to think, that the selected values in the radio button mentions above and the selects are not valid.

If I had an akeeba backup of the site, which I could install locally on my debug system, I could run the form in the debugger and would find out for sure what goes wrong. Can you provide me with such a thing?

If I had to debug the form without using a debugger, I would start with unpublishing the calculation field first.
If that does not solve the problem, I would unpublish alle the fields menditoned above.
If this does not solve the problem, I would unpublish field by field, until the form starts working.
If i does solve the problem, then I would start publishing the unpublished field step by step, every time testing, until I find the field that causes the problem. And then I would take a better look at the field(s) that causes the problem...

Regards,
Aicha

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #4279 by Administrator AV
Hi,

ok, I found out what the problem is.

On some of your fields with options (radios, selects) you have created several options that have the same value (within one field)
For example Field "Medeni Durumunuz"
First option has value 99
Third option has value 99
Forth option has value 99
Fifth option has value 99

That is somethings which you must never ever do, when you work with form, because the value of the option must be unique. It is the value that is submitted when the form is send and the value that is used by the code in order to figure which option the user selected. So if in your example the first option is selected, the Visforms code assumes, that the user has selected the first, third, forth and fifth option and this is obviously an invalide selection, because the select is set up to only accept the selection of one option.

I know, why you have created options with the same value, because you want to use them in a field of type calculation, and the value which you want to use in the calculation is the same for some of the options. This is actually a mistake, which never happened before people started working with calculations, because you would usually not have the idea to create two options with the same value. Therefore there is no validation in the field configuration which warns you, that you have set up the field in a bad way. And the error message, which is send when the user submits the form, is not very helpful either. Sorry for that.

You have to set up your form/fields differently. I'm sorry that this becomes more complicated then, but there is no other way. You must use different values for each option (for example 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) and then for example in the calculation field set the proper value which the calculation should use 1 -> 99, 2 ->199, 3 ->33. This is not very nice because you have many if statements in the calculation, but it is the only way.

Regards,
Aicha

P.S.
It is not possible to make the values different by prefixing them with zeros (i.e. 099, 0099), these values are considered identical by Visforms.

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Administrator AV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kuyumcus

More
6 years 11 months ago #4281 by kuyumcus
I am sorry for making a lot of trouble but I needed to make the same value for different options. At the moment I changed it and the problem solved.
Thank you very much for your help
HAve a nice day!

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV