Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Changing a field value based on another field?

More
6 years 11 months ago #4410 by ovcawebmaster
Changing a field value based on another field? was created by ovcawebmaster
I have a form with a calculated field. The field calculates a value based on number of team entered. (so if you have 16 teams, the amount owing is $1600). A straight-forward calculation.

I need to pro-rate the value based on whether the team is in for a full season or a half season. Since I can't do a calculation based on a radio button field, I'd like to do the calculation based on a hidden number field, but change the value of the number field based on the selection of the radio button.

So, if the user selects "Full Year" in the radio button, it would send that value (1) to the hidden number field. If they select "Half Year", it would send that value (.5) to the hidden number field. Then I'd do the calculaton based on the hidden number field.

Is this possible?

More
6 years 11 months ago #4412 by ovcawebmaster
Replied by ovcawebmaster on topic Changing a field value based on another field?
Never mind. I figured out how to do it.

Instead of using a radio button, I used a select field, and was able to do the calculation directly instead of my proposed workaround.

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV