Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Allow field only administrator

• michaelh@notabandoned.org
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #4754 by michaelh@notabandoned.org
Allow field only administrator was created by michaelh@notabandoned.org
I want to add fields to the form that only one user can see and edit. I am not seeing where this is possible. I currently have the full subscription.

I tried adding this one person access to the field using this option under Advanced for the field "Frontend Dataview Access" but this had no impact

More
6 years 7 months ago #4756 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Allow field only administrator
Hi,

could you please always provide the information about your Visforms version, your Joomla! version (and your Visforms Subscripiton version,if you have one).

You cannot limit the access to a form field in a form view to one person. Visforms will always display all fields in the form, because fields in Visforms may depend on each other (like conditional fields) and if you "remove" such a field from your form display, the whole form would break.

There is one exception to this rule. You can make a field a "Edit Only Field". This is an option of the field configuration tab "Advanced".

Edit only fields are form fields that are not displayed in the form view, where the users fills in their information for the first time, but are only displayed in the frontend edit view of the form. If only one user can edit the data in frontend then you could achive with this field option what you are looking for.

There is a difference between the form view and the data view. The form view is, where the form controls are visible as controls and you can insert values into them, whereas the data view is a view where the datas are displayed but not as a HTML Form, with inputs and so on. The Option "Frontend Dataview Access" works on the data view. So in the data list or detail view, the field is not visible to the user but in the form views all fields are always visible except for the "Edit only fields" which are only visible in the frontend edit view of the form.
But you can prevent users from being able to modify the stored user inputs in the frontend edit view of the form through the Options in the "Permissions" tab of the field. (Can Edit Data, Can Edit Own Data settings).

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

• michaelh@notabandoned.org
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #4758 by michaelh@notabandoned.org
Replied by michaelh@notabandoned.org on topic Allow field only administrator
thank you. this helps and confirms what I was seeing when configuring the form

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV