Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Populate a second form database from fields on the first form

• michaelh@notabandoned.org
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #4759 by michaelh@notabandoned.org
Populate a second form database from fields on the first form was created by michaelh@notabandoned.org
Hi-

If I have two forms and the first form has two fields that I would like duplicated on the second form in the backend database, is this possible.

For example, a user submits information on the first form and in the database the ID is created and the field for the name was submitted. If I have a second form I would like this database to automatically pull in this ID as a new record for the second form and populate the name in the same field.

Would this be possible?

thank you
MIchael

More
6 years 7 months ago #4760 by Administrator AV
Hi,

creating new record sets in the database (data tables) is only possible through actually submitting a form. Visforms is very thouroghly while handleing user inputs and manipulating the database directly would be very error prone in the context of Visforms.

Visforms allows you to redirect to another page (the second form in your case) after the first form was submitted. It further on allows you to use user inputs from the first form as url paramters in the redirect url which allows you to automacally set inputs from the first for in this second form. But the user has to submit the second for in order to create a record set in the data table for the second form and this will only work as expected if all processes (send first form, redirect to second form, send second form) are really "chained". If the second form is called by any other way, the default values would not be set.

Check out this documentation please.

www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...lue-using-url-params

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelh@notabandoned.org

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV