Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Can not change Type of Field

More
6 years 2 months ago #5241 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Can not change Type of Field
Hi Andrew,

I installed the dropEditor on a Visforms test installation and could reproduce the problem.

I get the following Javascript exception "$(...).setStyle is not a function.

With regards to the administration, Visforms uses some Mootools based Javascript.
Prior to Joomla! 3 Mootools was THE Javascript framework, used by Joomla!.
Therefore the $ was assigned as shortcut for Mootols and, as far as I know it is still the framework standard on Joomla! 3 that $ represents Mootols. jQuery has to be referenced as jQuery.

It looks to me, that some of the Javascript code of DropEditor assigns the $ to jQuery (or maybe even some other framework) and therefore $(...).setStyle which is proper Mootools code, no longer works as expected.

I asked the deveolopers of DropEditor, if this guess is correct and if so, to adapt their Javascript code.in order to make sure, that any Javascript Code that runs on Joomla! can still use Mootools functions by using the $.

As Joomla! tries to get rid of Mootools and I think that they might even deprecated it on Joomla! 4 I think, I have to remove the MooTools code from the Visforms Javascript at some time in the future. Instead of waiting until Joomla! 4, I think, I will implement these changes a bit earlier, too.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
6 years 2 months ago #5242 by GESign
Replied by GESign on topic Can not change Type of Field
Dear Aicha,
Thank You for your time and investigation. This is perfect answer to me and thank You for contacting to JoomUnited! I really appreciate this.

This case is solved.

Best regards,
Andrew

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV