Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Thanksgiving

More
6 years 1 month ago #5378 by matrix
Replied by matrix on topic Thanksgiving
Do you have private mail in which I can send you link?

More
6 years 1 month ago #5379 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Thanksgiving
contact@vi-solutions.de

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
6 years 1 month ago #5380 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Thanksgiving
Hi,

thanks for the link.

I took a look at your website and did some small tests.

I think, you will have received 2 form submission from me.

First of all, you wrote that you have published the forms with modules, which is actually true, but the modules are not published in a "common" way directly on the page. Instead you have these nice symbols on your website which displays a popup with the form (and other content). There is a lot of additional thirdparty code involved in that process, which does not take care of the requirements of Visforms.

Visforms, even the modul, is not designed for such a use in the first place and it cannot work properly.

I think, as long as any inputs which the user makes, including the captcha, are correct, this actually works. I have send you a screenshot of the page which I saw, after the form was submitted successfully, with private mail. I think, your thanksgiving text ist displayed there.

But if a user makes an incorrect input, especially an incorrect captcha, Visforms tries to display the form again, including an error message about the incorrect input. But, due to the way the form is published on your website, Visforms cannot redirect properly to the "form" page. It properly redirects to the page where the form modules are attached (in your case the faq page) but it cannot find the form there, due to the way they are published. And because the error message would be displayed inside the form, it looks to you as if just nothing happens.

Another problem is, that with your contruction, the captcha refresh button cannot work on the forms, either.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV