Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

data view -subscription

More
5 years 9 months ago #5655 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic data view -subscription
Thanks,
I'll take a look into it, later today.
Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
5 years 9 months ago #5656 by Administrator AV
Hi,

I took a look into the administration of your website in order to better understand your configuration and the problem. Sadly the connection to your server is very instable (from Germany) and the connection often broke, so that it was difficult for my to test and figure it out. But there is one thing, which I noted immediately which I think might be the source of your problem.

Each user Group has a "Group Parent". The "Group Parent" of your "aia Manger" user group is set to administrator. But the user group "Administrator" does not have any data edit permissions on your form and fields. I think, that the "aia Manager" Group is actually not able to edit any data at all, because of that parent (as I wrote in the documentation "denied" tops "allowed") and as the group parents (Administrator) permission is "denied" (for the "Edit Data" and the "Edit Own Data" action) the manager inherits those denied permisions as default.

With regards to the edit views in the frontend it is only the Actions "Edit Data" and "Edit Own Data" that are of interest, not the Action "Edit". So with "Edit Own Data" you allow the user to edit their own data and with "Edit Data" you allow them to edit all data.

I have tested a bit with the frontend of your website, too, and found out, that it does not make a difference which field type the "Edit Only Field" has (radio or text). It does not work as expected on your system.

Therefore I tried to set up a test case on a local installation where I hoped I could reproduce your problem.
I create a form with one field, that is displayed when the form is filled for the first time (in the form view), two edit only fields (one of type radio one of type text) and a submit button.
I added a user to the default "Registered" user group and a user to the default "Manager" user group. (The difference between my "Manager Group" and your "Manager Group" is, that the Group Parent of my "Manager Group" is "Public", whereas yours is "Administrator")
In the form configuration I set the following permissions
Registered: Edit Own: allowed. All other permissions are intherited and evaluate to "Not Allowed"
Manager: Edit Data: allowed; Edit own data: allowed. All other permissions are inherited and evaluate partly to allowed, partly to "Not allowed" which actually doesn't matter, because they are not used in the frontend edit views.
In the field configuration I made the following settings.
- Normal form field
Registered: all "Inherited" which evaluate to allowed for edit own data and to not allowed for all other actions
Manager: edit data: denied; all other inherited which evaluates to "Allowed"
- Both edit only fields
Registered: Edit own data: denied; all other actions are "inherited" and evaluate to "Not allowed"
Manager: All set to inherited which evaluate to "Allowed" (On your Website the "inherited" evaluate to "Not allowed for some actions, which I think indicate, that your Manager user groups starts with different permission as default, which may be the result of the different Group Parent as described above).

I display the submitted user inputs (data) in the frontend with a menu item of type "Data view with edit link"
I submitted the form when I was logged in as the user with group registered and when I was logged in as user with group manager.

I went to the menu item that displayes the data with the edit link. When I'm logged in as user with group registered, I can only see my own submission. When I open the submission for editing (click on the icon) I can see both edit only fields but cannot edit the values (radio and text fields). When I'm logged in as user with group manager, I can see all submissions. When I open a submission in the edit view I can change the value of both edit only field (radio and text). This works for my own submissions (as manager) as well as for the submissions of the user from the group "Registered".

So actually, everything on my test installation works as expected. I suspect, that the main problem with your website lies with the user group configuration of the manager group as described above and that the managers inherits the wrong permissions.

Regards,
Aicha

More
5 years 9 months ago #5666 by soorajs
Replied by soorajs on topic data view -subscription
Hi,
I followed but i have issue
1. Created a group called manager -set to public
2. Manager group assigned ACL manager
3. assigned user to Manager group
4. form permission set edit data ,edit own for manager
5. form default basic user access set to public

the issue is i am not able to view data for the user for menu with editable link -
"Error You are not authorised to view this resource."

More
5 years 9 months ago #5667 by Administrator AV
Hi,
The Joomla access control consists of different parts. With the permissions you control which action users of the user group can perform. With the access level you control which parts of the website a user group can view. Probably the access level for the menu item or for the frontend data view of the form is set to a view access level of which the manager group is not part. You have to assign the manager user group to the correct view access level. This is done in the user component and you have to make sure that you have set the proper access level for the data view in the form configuration (tab frontend data view) and in the menu configuration.
Regards,
Aicha

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #5668 by soorajs
Replied by soorajs on topic data view -subscription
Hi,
in a way i sorted , but ACL is really too complicated ..
one last issue , hope you can help on this
1. forms submitted by users are reporting to different manager users
2. i want to use plugin conditional email - but here i noticed from documentation need to specify email address
qn: can i put a hidden visform email placeholder for mail..? so that each user conditional emails are send to respective manager users email id ..thanks

{
"1": {"fid": "4", "id":"85", "value":"Hotel Astoria", "mail":"alternative1@mail.de"},
}

i tried something like this but seems wont work
{"1": {"fid": "1", "id":"25", "value":"approved", "mail":"${memail}"}}
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by soorajs.

More
5 years 9 months ago #5670 by Administrator AV
Hi,

the plugin custom mail address can only be used in the way described in the documentation.
So baiscally you need a field, which has the proper manager user selected in one way or the other. And in the plugin you have to provide the email addresses for the manager user. It is not possible to get the email address from a form field directly. (This field ccould be propopulated by automatic action and set to readonly, if there is a way for you to prepoppulate it by autmatic action, in order to prevent the user from changing the value.)

Regards,
Aicha

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV