Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Due to public holidays and vacations, longer response times can be expected for inquiries in the forum between May 18, 2024 and June 2, 2024.

How to open&save uploaded file; pdf, jpeg, etc

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #281 by renatoglinoga
How to open&save uploaded file; pdf, jpeg, etc was created by renatoglinoga
:( I have downloaded and installed Visforms, and it is working well, very nice. My only difficulty and I have tried searching for solutions & I am giving up the search. In the first place I am not a well versed web administrator, I have just tried to maintain one using some friendly softwares (in this case joomla). Even its installations I depended on my server. To find the UPLOADED File open it and save it in my desktop- is where I need help.
Thank you very much! :)
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by renatoglinoga.

More
10 years 6 months ago #282 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Aw: How to open&save uploaded file; pdf, jpeg, etc
Hi,

The uploaded files are stored in folder you specified in the form tab "advanced" in the parameter "Uploaded files path".

I thought that people would download the uploaded files via ftp from the folder specified like described above.

If you cannot do that it's a bit more sophisticated.
You set the form parameter "Save result" (result tab) to yes so that data submitted with the form are stored in the database.
You will see a link "display data" in the forms table of visforms then.

You have to copy the path i.e. /tmp/uploaded_image_908080.jpg from the data table which you can reach by clicking on the "display data" link.
Then open a new browser tab, insert the link to your website and add the copied path.
(Something like http://mywebsite/uploadfolder/filename.jpg).
You should see the uploaded image then in the browser and can save it (right mouse click-> save image as).

I can see, that is not the easiest way especially for someone not well versed in web administration.

I'm sorry. I will improve that in further version of visforms!

I hope you can live with it for now.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #284 by renatoglinoga
Replied by renatoglinoga on topic Re:Aw: How to open&save uploaded file; pdf, jpeg, etc
:) Hello Aicha,
Thank you very much for you response.
By your instructions I was able to l find the location
But it seems that my system was not able to really upload the file., the problem may be is in my system. If you have additional ideas on how to fix, it will be highly appreciated.
Your program response to most of my needs, it is very friendly . Thank you for making this available, it is very useful. :)
Sincerely yours,
Renato

18th November 2013
Hi Aicha,
The problem is not really in my system,(I am the problem :silly: ) I tried to really concentrate on your instructions and finally I was able to locate and save the uploaded files. This is a very helpful program and for free. :) I will make my ratings and will send a small donation.
Thank you and May the Good Lord bless you and all your endeavors!
Sincerely yours,
Renato
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by renatoglinoga. Reason: to update

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV