Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Due to public holidays and vacations, longer response times can be expected for inquiries in the forum between May 18, 2024 and June 2, 2024.

Layout and other modifications

More
10 years 5 months ago #295 by kwb
Layout and other modifications was created by kwb
Congratulations on a great Joomla extension. Very easy to work with.

I do have a few questions.

Can I add some text between fields in the layout ? For example "Contact Information" as a section header followed by the contact fields (name, address, etc.) another section header "Education" followed by name of school field and year(s) attended field. All in the same form.

Is there a way to add a space in the field name ? I'm using Birthdate with "Date of Birth" as custom text below the field but it would take up less space and may be less confusing for the end user to use "Date of Birth" as the field name. Can this be done ?

Also, can I use a layout that is 2 columns wide ?

Thanks. Again, great job on the extension.

More
10 years 5 months ago #296 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Re:Layout and other modifications
Hi,

thank so much for the compliment!

In my opinion a field of type "fieldseparator" is the best way to accomplish the task you describe.

You can tick the checkbox for the field option "Border not visible" and use the Custom text in the fields "Advanced" tab to create the section headers and description texts between section.

The text that is displayed as field label in frontend is the called "Label" in Backend not "Name". You can use space (blanks) in the label field and can type in ther "Date of Birth" and this label will show up in frontend. The field "Name" in backend is used a database field name (therefore the character restictions) and will not show up in frontend.

To create a 2 columns layout you would have to change the source code. Visforms works with floats and clears for a nice and stable layout of forms. I've already looked into this and it's difficult to change this layout to a two columns layout.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV