Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Due to public holidays and vacations, longer response times can be expected for inquiries in the forum between May 18, 2024 and June 2, 2024.

Edit existing record

More
10 years 5 months ago #320 by RonyG
Edit existing record was created by RonyG
First let me thank you for excellent and easy to use form generator, I just love it.
I need to modify / delete a record and couldn't find a way to do it. can you guide me on how to?

Thanks,
Ron.

More
10 years 5 months ago #322 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Re:Edit existing record
Hi Ron,

visForms is a form generator and its purpose is to allow your users to submit data and/or files to you.

It's not a data management system which means that (for now) there is no possibility to modify the data in a record.

But you can delete records in the data view which opens, when you click the "Display Data" link of a form in the form view.. Then just click the checkbox in front of the record you want to delete and use the "Delete"-Button in the data view menu.

I don't know what exactly you want to do. If you want to change data and use them afterwards for something other than displaying them in frontend, you could export data and make the changes in the excel list.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
10 years 5 months ago #325 by RonyG
Replied by RonyG on topic Re:Edit existing record
How did i miss that
Excellent. Thanks again

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV