Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Due to public holidays and vacations, longer response times can be expected for inquiries in the forum between May 18, 2024 and June 2, 2024.

Form-to email not working

More
10 years 3 months ago #412 by Gabor
Form-to email not working was created by Gabor
I have a new question.
I use Joomla 2.5.18 with latest stable Visform.

Everithing works fine, but the submitted data not sending to Form-to email address. The copy for the sender and the CC and BCC works fine, but I don't get the submitted data.

Can you help please?

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #415 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Form-to email not working
Hi,

if all other mails are send properly, as you state in your post, that indicates, that sending mails with Visforms works properly in principle.

You have to type the e-mail, you want the notification mail to be sent to, in the "Mail To" parameter not the "Mail From". The description for the "Mail From" parameter is wrong, something I fixed in the 2.0.0 Version.
The settings in "Mail From" is used as "Mail From Header" for the e-mail not as an e-mail adress where something is sent to.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Administrator AV.

More
10 years 3 months ago #416 by Gabor
Replied by Gabor on topic Form-to email not working
Dear Aicha,

Thank you for your help.

I deleted the Mail From e-mail address (but it worked fine) and I still not receiving any e-mail.

The CC field is working fine, so I get it as a user who submitted the form.

Do you have any idea?

More
10 years 3 months ago #419 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Form-to email not working
Hi,

could you send me a screenshot of your settings (to my contact mail below the forum if you don't want to publish it in a post). Just for checking.

But as I said, if the CC works, this is not a problem of sending the mail but of receiving it. I assume your e-mail provider is blocking the mail (i.e. treating it as spam.). Especially e-mail adresses at gmail.com or googlemail.com seems to have that problem. In one case the user had to verify his account in some way an after that all the e-mail came in. (I don't know what exactly he did). Or they may be found in a spam folder.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabor

More
10 years 2 months ago #425 by Gabor
Replied by Gabor on topic Form-to email not working
I need to tell you guys that Aicha is awesome.
First time he ask screenshots and than later access to backend... So he really spend time on me.

I think I did so much testing and tried so many different e-mail adresses, and I got confused at some point and changed the "E-mail Result" parameter accidentally to No.

So the component is working well.

Thank you!

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV