Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Due to public holidays and vacations, longer response times can be expected for inquiries in the forum between May 18, 2024 and June 2, 2024.

No Captcha Error on Submit

More
10 years 2 months ago #461 by mkadrie
No Captcha Error on Submit was created by mkadrie
When I leave the Captcha field blank, it gives me a warning that the code is wrong (not blank). But when I submit the form with a wrong code, I don't get any error at all. The form stays populated and does not submit, but to an end user, there is no way for them to know that the code was wrong.
I'm using version 1.0.6 of Visforms.

The error class on the div is set to display "none" in the CSS. I'm assuming that an error would change that display to "visible", but I don't see anywhere in the JS where that happens.

I don't care if it's the default message or the custom message, I just want the user to know that they have input the wrong code.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Michael Kadrie

More
10 years 2 months ago #462 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic No Captcha Error on Submit
Hi Michael,

can I have a link to the form?

I will take a look at it as soon as possible.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
10 years 2 months ago #464 by mkadrie
Replied by mkadrie on topic No Captcha Error on Submit
Not sure what happened. I thought I posted the link and now it's not here.
2500smallman.com/contact-us.html
Thanks for the quick reply.

More
10 years 2 months ago #465 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic No Captcha Error on Submit
Hi Michael,

thanks for the link.
Everything looks fine concerning visforms itself. I tried, just in case, and with the correct captcha I could submit the form. And I could reproduce the behavior you described with incorrect captchas.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is the following.
The validation about whether there is an input in the captcha field at all (not left empty) is done by Javascript on the client. (Which works).
But the captcha validation itself is done on the sever (php). This is always so when you work with captcha, it's how captchas are implemented. So the form is submitted even with an incorrect captcha but the submit is stopped immediately on the server. Visforms throws an error message and shows the form again with all inputs the user has made. The error message is added to the Joomla! message buffer and should be shown with the reloaded form. But it is the job of the template to get the message buffer content and show it. Maybe your template doesn't do the job? Please check your templates index.php. There should be some code like jdoc:include type="message".

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
10 years 2 months ago #467 by mkadrie
Replied by mkadrie on topic No Captcha Error on Submit
I suspected it might be that. I'll look into that and let you know if that fixed it.
Thanks again!

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV