Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Due to public holidays and vacations, longer response times can be expected for inquiries in the forum between May 18, 2024 and June 2, 2024.

VisForm v3

More
10 years 1 month ago #505 by fuzmic
VisForm v3 was created by fuzmic
Hi admin

Can't wait, thus already tinkering with your v3 in Joomla 3.2.3. Seems to be working fine. Indulge me with a few questions to reduce tinkering time.

1 If a email address is set up in the form, does it mean the fields will be sent there.
2 I see the form / field design in MySql; i don't see any table to keep the data. This means that once it is submit it goes to the email address, right?
3 Can the Powered by be removed?
4 Is there a way to add a captcha challenge.

Looking forward to your help, we meet again if your remember. Kind Regards. :blink:

More
10 years 1 month ago #507 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic VisForm v3
Hi fuzmic,

There are lots of parameters to control these things with more detail.

1. Whether or not an email is sent to the user is controlled by form parameters in tab Mail Options. If "Email receipt" parameter is set to yes the fields are sent to that address you mentioned. You can also set an email subject and an individual email text there.

2. The table visforms_# (where # is the forms id) is created when you set the form parameter "Save Results" to yes for the first time (and save the form). (Result tab in form configuration). User input is then stored in database, when the user submits the form.

3. Yes it's a form parameter too. (Tab Advanced; last parameter)

4. Also tab advanced. There is a block with several captcha options. Visforms supports Google's recaptcha and an better to read captcha.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
10 years 1 month ago #510 by fuzmic
Replied by fuzmic on topic VisForm v3
Thanks mate, will dig into into it as u suggested.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #511 by fuzmic
Dear Dr Aicha Vack of VW country

Sorry did not scroll down to Advanced earlier but only look at the type of fields, so had asked some stupid questions. Of course it is there within the form.

By the way do you have multi-column containers to hold multi-columns or is there another way to have multi-columns in a row ... Teach please.

I like your Reset field, very useful.

PS..PS
Great extension compared to many, shall not mention names. :evil:
I SHALL STICK TO USING YOURS. :woohoo: Can't help to post a 11/10 review.

How can i do a phone number validation or is there going to be another field coming - phone numbers eg +613#####

Also how to control the size of each field?

I had a problem with getting my localhost (wamp) to send mail to test out your forms. Can you help. Check out this link where i post my 2 years old problem recently. If you are busy not problems. Thanks again.
forum.wampserver.com/read.php?2,122935
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by fuzmic.

More
10 years 1 month ago #512 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic VisForm v3
Hi fuzmic,

the standard layout of visforms is one column (label + field) in a row.
I concentrate on providing good functionality for building forms and one layout and a component that runs on Joomla! 2.5 and Joomla! 3 and have not had time yet to think about possible other layouts.

If you want to change the layout you have to study the HTML-Markup with some developer tools like Firebug for Firefox or the build-in developer tools of Google Chrome, IE... and work some css magic.

Most fields have a class "visCSSinput" which sets the fields width to 66% (in media/com_visforms/css/visforms.css). But many templates overwrite this rule, so please use those developer tools to detect where exactly the css rules for fields comes from in your website.

Phone number differ so much between countries, that there is no easy way to include a phone number validation that works for everybody. Therefore I didn't implement phone number validation.

I've never set up a mailer on local xampp. For testing the mail function I usually set up a test website on a live server. I find this a much easier way.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
10 years 1 month ago #514 by fuzmic
Thanks for your effort to help. Much appreciate.

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV