Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

invalid token in joomla 2.5

More
7 years 11 months ago #3043 by mrentropy
Replied by mrentropy on topic invalid token in joomla 2.5
Hi Aicha, thank you for the quick response! Your suggestion of disabling other components/modules and turning off rewrite rules sounds like a smart test.

The puzzling thing about this error, is that it does not happen every time. It's intermittent and seems to only occur in Firefox. Are you aware of any issues with Firefox?

I should also mention that this form contains three upload fields. Could that be a problem? I've never created a form that had so many before.

This is a terrific component, by the way!

Best regards,
Carl

More
7 years 11 months ago #3044 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic invalid token in joomla 2.5
Hi Carl,

I do all my developing and testing on Firefox in the first place and have not had such an error. But of course it is possible, that there might be issues with Firefox, but I'm not aware of any.

Have you any idea if that is only on your Firefox or on any Firefox?

Uploading files is different from handling any other field type and does involve the browser more, but at the moment I cannot see, that this would result in a "Invalid token". Visforms does not do the upload via Ajax or such a thing (which could result in an invalid token if the token is send as url param and not as post param).

When the submit button is pressed, all form data are submitted together. This will "call" one function on the controller, which does exactly one check for the correct session token, regardless of whether you have no upload field, one or more (at least that is what I think a the moment without looking deeper into the code).

What is the Visforms version and the Joomla! version.
How is the form displayed (menue or module or plugin)?

I will consider your problem til tomorrow. Maybe some idea pops up in my head in the meantime.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
7 years 11 months ago #3045 by mrentropy
I sure appreciate all your help! The Joomla! version is 3.4.6 and the Visforms version is 3.5.7. The form is displayed via a menu.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3048 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic invalid token in joomla 2.5
Hi,

although this is not the latest Visforms Version it should work fine with your Joomla! version.
I checked the code again and can confirm that there is only one "token check", when you submit the form, which is done by Visforms. (Which would eliminate special field types like upload fields from causing the problem).

The only idea I can come up with Is that this is a cache problem. If the site which displays the form is subject to a caching that uses the browser cache this could explain why the problem occurs only with Firefox (more accurately a specific browser) and why it is erratic (because the cache is sometimes cleared and sometimes it is not).

Basically this could be done be the system cache plugin with the settings “Use Browser Caching” set to yes?

Or maybe there are cache settings made at another spot for example in the .htaccess where they would effect Visforms or by a third party extension.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
7 years 11 months ago #3058 by mrentropy
Hi Aicha,

Sounds like a definite possibility. I checked the system settings and plugin settings, but so far everything is turned off. Here are snapshots of my settings:

imgur.com/a/fhk2q

We use IIS so I'm assuming the .htaccess file wouldn't impact anything? I added the web.config paste earlier in these posts, too. Seems like it has to be something like this. Many thanks for your continued thoughts.

Carl

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV