Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Due to public holidays and vacations, longer response times can be expected for inquiries in the forum between May 18, 2024 and June 2, 2024.

Checkbox/List is not working

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #555 by usha
Checkbox/List is not working was created by usha
I have a list of items which i have to publish on my form. I tried check box. But it does not allow me to create multiple items. Then I tried "select" I am able to add multiple items. I have selected "allow multiple".

But when I try to select the item from the form it selects one item for the time. Then I try to select another item it does not select that and goes back to "select". I tried again and again bit it does not select any more items.

Please let me know how to fix this problem. What am I doing wrong. Its been a week since I am working on this form. Here is the link annfoundation.org/en/get-involved/volunteer.html

Thanks
Uma
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by usha.

More
10 years 1 week ago #556 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Checkbox/List is not working
Hi Uma,

I took a look at the link.

Your template includes a selector.js file, which modifies the original select field of visforms a lot. It is this javascript that causes the problems with the select. Maybe that script doesn't support multi select or there is another reason.

I'm really sorry, this is not a problem of visforms but of your template. There are other javascript frameworks that modify selects as well (i.e. chosen.js which is used extensively in Joomla! backend). When I include this javascript, the select works perfectly with the multiple select option.

Maybe there is a way to turn this select.js off (as a template parameter). I think you do not really have any other selects on your website so you don't really need it.

Another workaround (which is a bit of work, I know) would be to create a checkbox field for each item. That would allow the user to check as many items as they wish.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
10 years 1 week ago #557 by usha
Replied by usha on topic Checkbox/List is not working
Ok. I will check with the template developer regarding the select java script. But I tried adding the checkboxes. But it is not visible. I am not sure why. May be something to do with the template. (because i had some issues with radio button too. It is resolved by customizing the label) Also if I ca make it to work how can I put it under one section?? I do not want to repeat the same question for 10 items.

Like we have a question "What are your interests? " and list of items.

More
10 years 1 week ago #558 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Checkbox/List is not working
Hi Uma,

the "label" of the checkbox would be the "interest".
You can add a field of type "field seperator" above the checkboxes.
Type your question into the "Custon text" in tab "advanced".
If you like you can set the field parameter "Border not visible" to no.

You have to create that additional field, because the "Custom text", which is available for every field, is displayed below the field it belongs to (as a more eleborate explation of the field for example) and not above.

I wish the best of luck.
Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
10 years 5 days ago #563 by usha
Thanks!! It worked finally..

Now how do I setup mail options. I would like to receive the result in mail when someone submits the form.

More
10 years 5 days ago #564 by usha
Got it!!

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV