Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Due to public holidays and vacations, longer response times can be expected for inquiries in the forum between May 18, 2024 and June 2, 2024.

Datepicker not working

More
9 years 11 months ago #618 by siriusblack04
Datepicker not working was created by siriusblack04
Hi guys :) just installed Visforms 3.0.0 and created a form. Tried adding a date type field, but could not get the datepicker to show when I click on the calendar icon. I'm using google chrome. Appreciate your help :(

More
9 years 11 months ago #619 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Datepicker not working
Hi,

could I please take a look at the form?

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #623 by siriusblack04
Replied by siriusblack04 on topic Datepicker not working
Hi Aicha,

Sure ;)

eSurau

The thing is, the datepicker in the administrator page is working, but the front end is not. Hope you could help.

Thank you!
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by siriusblack04.

More
9 years 11 months ago #625 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Datepicker not working
Hi,

Thanks for the link, I can see the problem now.

In last consequence it is a JavaScript incompatibility that causes the problem.

Visforms relies on JavaScript for frontend form validation.

When you nowadays us JavaScript (as a developer) you usually work with JavaScript Frameworks. Joomla! itself used to use the Mootools framework and is in the process of switching to the jQuery framework.
Therefore I switched Visforms from the Mootools framework to the jQuery framework too, using the jQuery librairy that comes with the Joomla! framework. (Version 1.11.0)

If you implement as a third party developer, in my opinion, you always have to respect the framework code, defaults and standards which are used by everybody. If you want to use something different, you have to make sure that you mark it as custom and that it does not interfere with the default. But sadly there are others that do not respect those defaults. This is the cause of your problem.

In your case somebody (sadly I cannot see which extension) loads an older jQuery Version (1.10.2) and overwrites the Joomla! default (1.11.0). This causes a Javasript error and therefore the date picker (it's the default Joomla! date picker), which relies on Javascript does not work. But in truth the whole form and everything else that relies on the original jQuery Version will not work on your website too!

You have to try to figure which extension it is, that loads the older jQuery Version. Maybe it's the template or a slider module or some other module. Try to turn it off and check if the date picker is working then.

Maybe the extension has an option that allows you to switch it to the default jQuery Version? If not you cannot run both extension on your website and have to make a decision.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV