Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Font Awesome not working now that I installed VIS

More
9 years 1 month ago #1484 by jmortimer5154
Hi! I just installed VisForms and before I did too much playing around I tested my Joomla site and now none of the Font Awesome icons appear. This is an issue since my menu uses those Icons. I confirmed by uninstalling VisForms and everything returned to normal. Re-installed and the icons disappeared again.

Anyone have any experience with this happening? Thanks in advance, Jon

More
9 years 1 month ago #1485 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Font Awesome not working now that I installed VIS
Hi,

without a link I can only guess but this is most probably a javascript incompatibility of your template.
The Joomla! Framework requires jQuery 1.11.1 (Joomla! since 3.4 1.11.2) and Visforms is build on that jQuery version.

Many templates just do not keep to that framework standard and load older jQuery version in a mode that causes a javascript incompatibility. I guess that the Font Avesome is loaded via javascript and if there is a javascript error on the website (due to the incompatibility) the font is not displayed properly.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
9 years 1 month ago #1486 by jmortimer5154
Replied by jmortimer5154 on topic Font Awesome not working now that I installed VIS
No, Font Awesome does not use Javascript. Per their website "Fewer compatibility concerns because Font Awesome doesn't require JavaScript."

More
9 years 1 month ago #1487 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Font Awesome not working now that I installed VIS
Hi,

I've never heard of that problem before.
I need to take a look at least at the frontpage, I order to check what the problem might be.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1488 by jmortimer5154
Replied by jmortimer5154 on topic Font Awesome not working now that I installed VIS
It is on our test site here:
---disregard, I have found another application that works fine for me---

The missing icons are within the menu at the top and also to the left of the phone number would be a phone icon.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by jmortimer5154.

More
9 years 4 days ago #1610 by statler
I have the same problem. Is there now a solution?

Kind regards,
Statler

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV