Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Switch from list view to details view

More
8 years 11 months ago #1698 by ulanjono
Switch from list view to details view was created by ulanjono
Hi,
I just started with visforms and subscribed for the extensions. I have an article with a form (plugin) and an article showing data from these forms (data plugin). The list shows some fields and somehow it should be possible to link every row to a details view with more fields. How can I do this? My list doesn't show any button, link or icon to go to details view.
Also, one of your examples shows {vfdataview}{"formid":"9","field list":"created,109,110"}{/vfdataview} . When I use 'created' in my parameter list, the creation date does not appear.
What am i overlooking?

More
8 years 11 months ago #1699 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Switch from list view to details view
Hi,

thank you for subscribing for Visforms!

I'll take a look into your questions this afternoon and come back to you then.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1700 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Switch from list view to details view
Hi,

for your second question. You have to set the Option "Display created" in the form configuration (Tab "Dataview in Frontend") to a value different from "Don't show" (any other value is fine).
After that you have to add "displaycreated":"true" to the parameter string.
Code:
{vfdataview}{"formid":"9","fieldlist":"created,109,110,111,112,113","display_num":"5","show_page_heading":"false","layout":"defaultnodesc","displaycreated":"true"}{/vfdataview}

For your first question. Displaying a detail link is not a feature of the vfdataview plugin. The idea behind the plugin was that you can select very specifically which record sets and which fields are displayed and that you either use the list, if you have not so many fields or the detail if you want to show many fields.

If you use the menu item type "dataview" that comes with Visforms itself you can create a data view with list and detaillink and detail. But you cannot select the recordsets as flexible as with the plugin. Maybe this is an option, if you use the vfformview plugin to display the form in a module on that data view created with a menu item of type Visforms data view.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Administrator AV.

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV