Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Vis Forms Captcha Image and Custom Error

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1716 by Nasho23
My first comment is: It is a shame this Forum is not in English as it is quite possible that my problems have already been addressed, but in a Language that I am not familiar with; Hence more work for you.
I have just installed Vis Forms on Joomla 3.4.1
My Problem is with Vis Forms Captcha.
a) The Custom Error does not work when an incorrect Image is entered. What is the source of this problem.
b) The Captcha Image Refresh Button to change the Image will not work, so, if you cannot interpret the current image, you cannot proceed with Submit, as you cannot change the Image to a new one. Is there a Fix for this.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Nasho23. Reason: Change to (b)

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1718 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Vis Forms Captcha Image and Custom Error
Hi,

actually the forum language is English and I think there are not many important topics where the posts are not in English or at least there is an English post, too. As my native tongue is German I have decided to answer people who use the German language in German. It's just a courtesy.
This may cause additional work for me, because it is I who may have to answer the same question twice (in different languages), but this is my additional work and time and does not harm anybody else (I hope). I'm sorry if that is a problem for you.

Now to your Visforms question. The behavior you describe is most probably cause by a Javascript error due to a Javascript incompatibility on your website. Without a link to the form I cannot tell you more.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Administrator AV.

More
8 years 10 months ago #1723 by Nasho23
Replied by Nasho23 on topic Vis Forms Captcha Image and Custom Error
As a result of the problems (Captcha Refresh Image not working) that I was having, I changed to Google ReCaptcha. The only issue I had with this was, I had to get my Host to change "allow_url_fopen = 0" to "allow_url_fopen = 1" on the Server, so that it could use https://. When this was done, the Captcha worked as intended.
With the Submit Your Information, I used a Submit Image.
With the exception of the Result Report back to the Office not collecting the Database Report ID Number (A Necessary Item for Filing of Reports), everything seems to be working OK.
Thank You.

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV