Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Result Report

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1717 by Nasho23
Result Report was created by Nasho23
I installed Vis Forms today on Joomla 3.4.1 and have created my first Form.
Upon Testing the Result Report comes back to my Email, but there is no Result Report ID Number provided on the report. The Display Result Report from the Database shows a Report ID Number, but that Number does not display in the Result Report sent back to Office Email. The Result Report is otherwise Good. The function of creating ID Numbers for each Result Report is obviously built in to Vis Forms, but it is not including the ID Number in the returned Report. If it is, how do I get it to work. If it is not, when is it likely we will see this function. It is quite important for us to have a Result Report Number for our Record keeping.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Nasho23. Reason: Update Information.

More
8 years 10 months ago #1719 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Result Report
Hi,

the ID is created by the database (it is an id field with an autoindex in the database). Therefore you may use the id in the frontend data views or export it to CSV but you cannot attach it to the mails (because it is not available then.

Visforms gives you the option to choose whether you want to store submitted data in database or not. That is, why Visforms cannot use a database related feature (creating a record set id) in the mails.

The field type "hidden" has an options "unique value". If you add a field of type hidden to your form and check this options, you will have an "id" but it is a cryptic string not a nice numeric id.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV